Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby Shaking & Tummy Time ?

Hello all!  Hope everyone had a good holiday season!  

I have been noticing that when LO gets excited/scared he shakes.  Whenever he is in his nap nanny/swing/play mat it looks like he either gets so excited or so anxious that he just is like shaking really fast/flailing.  Is this normal?

Plus LO still just cries during tummy time...we haven't been as consisitent with doing tummy time lately but I was wondering at what point do they begin to enjoy that/going after toys?  

LO will be 4 months next Sunday. 

Re: Baby Shaking & Tummy Time ?

• Options
    He's been flailing, but it's like he is shaking his little arms while he is flailing, not his whole body.
  • Options
    My LO flails arms too when excited. As for tummy time she enjoys it more and more but still only lasts maybe 3-5minutes before she rolls over or cries (signalling us to roll her). She doesn't reach for toys at all while on tummy. However she is starting to raise her butt up and push with her feet...maybe army crawling is soon :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO does not like tummy time for long periods but she likes it more now that we have done the "superman" She also shakes when she gets excited and kicks her little feet around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My LO shakes like how you describe too. So does my 6 month old nephew. Ir normal. My LO hates tummy time too. So much so she learned to roll at 10 weeks lol. I usually just do 5 or 10 minutes 3 times a day.
  • Options

my one DD hated tummy time and is my shaker. For tummy time our ped told us to continue with it for a few minutes, place her tummy down across our lap so her head was hanging off for a few minutes to encourage her to lift, and to burp over the should to help strengthen the neck. 

As for the shaking she does it when she gets scared. We were told not to worry she will out grow it eventually.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I really appreciate the feedback ladies. He has his 4 month appt a week from tomorrow so I will probably mention it but thank you for putting my mind at ease! Happy New Year ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"