September 2013 Moms
Options

Left Sided Pain- Opinions

I have been having left sided cramping since about 4 weeks along. It stopped for a couple days, but is back and a little bit more severe than before. I called the RE nurse yesterday (pain was about a 4/10) and she said to keep an eye on it and if it got worse or unbearable to go to the ER right away. Since the pain started early, she wasn't too concerned about an ectopic. 

Today the pain has worsened (about a 6/10). My RE is closed but I called my ob/gyn nurse and she pretty much said the same thing. If it gets to a point I can't handle it, I should go to the ER. 

My question is, do I go to the ER because it got worse and get an ultrasound to make sure everything is ok, wait until my appointment on the 9th, or call them after the new year and try to schedule an ultrasound earlier than the 9th?

We haven't told our families yet so I can't get advice from them so I'm hoping you ladies can tell me what you'd do or any advice you have for me. Thanks in advance! 

May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

Re: Left Sided Pain- Opinions

• Options
    If the pain is very bad and you're really worried, I would definitely go to the ER. It is better to go than to wait, I think.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
  • Options
    I agree with PP... it might feel drastic, but you'll probably have more peace of mind by doing so.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Only you can decide the threshold for an ER visit. Your RE advised to go if it gets worse, and if it has increased by 2 points in a 10 point scale, it has clearly intensified.  

There's a chance it's a corpus luteum cyst, gas, or normal pains.  If you ovulated from the left side, it coukd be he corpus luteum. Also, You may just be more sensitive and feeling every little twinge.   It sounds like there's no blood, which is a good thing. If an u/s would help settle your nerves a visit it the ER would help, or perhaps trying to schedule an u/s with your RE upon their return from holiday.  It's also very early, so an u/s may no show much, but at least it may r/o ectopic if that's your main concern.

god luck and hope you feel better!!! 

Forgive typos, iPad bumping!!!

edit: if it would help ease your mind, I def agree with PP's that you should get the u/s. I have a bad memory, but vaguely recall your posting about this before, and you may not be able to relax until you get the u/s! :)

Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    imageVCGolfNYC:

Only you can decide the threshold for an ER visit. Your RE advised to go if it gets worse, and if it has increased by 2 points in a 10 point scale, it has clearly intensified.  

There's a chance it's a corpus luteum cyst, gas, or normal pains.  If you ovulated from the left side, it coukd be he corpus luteum. Also, You may just be more sensitive and feeling every little twinge.   It sounds like there's no blood, which is a good thing. If an u/s would help settle your nerves a visit it the ER would help, or perhaps trying to schedule an u/s with your RE upon their return from holiday.  It's also very early, so an u/s may no show much, but at least it may r/o ectopic if that's your main concern.

god luck and hope you feel better!!! 

Forgive typos, iPad bumping!!!

The bolded is what I was thinking too. Are you at all constipated? If so, it could be bowel pain. In a healthy pregnancy there are all sorts of weird feelings and pains as things grow and stretch, but ectopic, although rare, is a risk when you are talking about one sided pain too.

I would follow your instincts as much as you can. The idea of sitting in the waiting room a little later in the evening on NYE sounds potentially awful. I think if you are going to go, head in sooner rather than later.

If it were me, I might try to wait until Wednesday. That said...

I had a pregnancy of unknown location (ie. possible ectopic, couldn't see anything at all on the ultrasound, but betas were positive) and I remember my OB telling me at the time that there wasn't a safe gestation before which an ectopic was guaranteed not to rupture the tube. She said it could happen super early or not until well after the ectopic is discovered. She said there was no way to predict how long you could safely hold out during a possible ectopic and ensure that the tube would be ok.

I'm so sorry you are in pain. 

TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies. After researching corpus luteum more, I'm guessing that is what it is because it started so early on and I don't have any spotting. I'm going to try to wait until Wednesday and then try to move my u/s up. If I see any spotting or have severe pain, I'll head right to the ER. I think you are all right that I probably won't feel better until I have the u/s. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"