January 2013 Moms

Trying hard not to worry...

Went in for the 36 week ultrasound today found out first of all that LO is breech. Also, they said it looked like there was some excess fluid on the brain. The tech was quick to say it may just be a matter of LO being breech, but we have to go back on Wednesday for a follow up. She also said not to worry...yeah right. I've spent the aftafternoon trying various different ways to get LO to turn, but no luck yet.

Re: Trying hard not to worry...

• Try not to freak out and DO NOT google it and read what is on the Internet!  With DD, the doctors gave me a 1 in 21 chance that she'd have Down's after my NT scan.  I decided to have amnio to find out for sure so we could prepare, but I had to wait two weeks to have the test and then another week for results.  In those three weeks, I read all sorts of stuff on the Internet and got myself so worked up and depressed.  In the end, everything was fine, which I am sure it will be with your little one as well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't imagine how scary that must be for you. Fingers crossed that everything is okay.
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Loading the player...
  • bump burp.

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• imageSittinUnderAPalmTree:
    Try not to freak out and DO NOT google it and read what is on the Internet! nbsp;With DD, the doctors gave me a 1 in 21 chance that she'd have Down's after my NT scan. nbsp;I decided to have amnio to find out for sure so we could prepare, but I had to wait two weeks to have the test and then another week for results. nbsp;In those three weeks, I read all sorts of stuff on the Internet and got myself so worked up and depressed. nbsp;In the end, everything was fine, which I am sure it will be with your little one as well.nbsp;

Yeah, I've made it a point not to Google things, other than tips on getting LO to turn. I don't need anything else to worry about right now.
  • imagePrivacyWanted:
    I know it's impossible not to worry. But assuming you had earlier u/s and everything was fine then statistically you're probably fine. Late u/s like this make it hard to get a really good picture of what's going on simply because the size of the baby and having less fluid to bounce off of

We did have earlier u/s...this was the 4th one. Everything was ok before. Thanks for the reality check!
  • I know it's easier said than done but seriously try not to worry! I bet your LO will be just perfect.

And like PPs said...just say no to Dr. Google!! ;) 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"