Breastfeeding

Green poop

Google wasn't terribly helpful.

DD is three weeks old and the last few days, most of her poops have been green, kind of the color of pea soup. I know a symptom of foremilk hindmilk imbalance, but I can't really tell if it's frothy. Does that mean it'll be super bubbly? There's no blood and I don't see mucus, so I'm assuming its not a dairy thing, but there's also no cottage cheese looking curdles like what you get with the yellow poops.

She's gassy, but not excessively. We give her Mylicon maybe twice a day max, and sometimes she's fussy at first at the breast, but it's usually because she's to the point where she's crying because she's hungry. I do my best not to let it get to that point, but sometimes it's hard. Once she stops arm flailing and latches, she eats no problem. Weight gain has been fine and she's peeing a ton.

Had anyone else had LOs who had regularly green poops that had any reason other than these two causes?

Re: Green poop

• DS had green poop when he was 2 wks old.  Called my pedi and they said not to worry as it's normal. Spoke to an LC who said it could be foremilk/hindmilk imbalance, and told me to nurse DS for 20 mins minimum on 1st breast before switching.  I did what the LC said and it didn't make one bit of a difference.  Green poop went away after 1 week and hasn't come back since (ds is now 7w).   

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Best poop website ever:
    https://drjaygordon.com/pediatricks/general/poop.html

I checked this thing all the time!

Come on Sticky baby!!
    EDD 6/30/2016
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EDD: 2/26/11  BORN: 2/15/2011

EDD: 2/23/2014  M/C 6/18/2013
    EDD 6/25/2014  M/C 11/8/2013
    M/C 4/20/2014
    M/C 6/22/2014