Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Won't hold bottle or sippy

Anyone else have a LO who refuses to hold their bottle or cup? He knows how, but won't ever do it for more than a few seconds. DS is almost ten months - when will he start holding it? Is there anything I can do to encourage him? 
Lachlan
born March 2012

Re: Won't hold bottle or sippy

• My ds was doing that til about a week ago when I got him some of those cheap toss n go (or whatever they're called first year) cups, the multicolored pack. Now I just leave it sitting in front of him and he tries. He wouldn't tip it up with any other cup.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageeilatan&nhoj88:
    My ds was doing that til about a week ago when I got him some of those cheap toss n go (or whatever they're called first year) cups, the multicolored pack. Now I just leave it sitting in front of him and he tries. He wouldn't tip it up with any other cup.
    Thanks for the reply - those are the cups we're trying. So far, he turns them upside down and sucks on the bottom of the cup. Ugh. We'll keep trying! He has to get it at some point. :)
    Lachlan
    born March 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegibbonlove:
    Anyone else have a LO who refuses to hold their bottle or cup? He knows how, but won't ever do it for more than a few seconds. DS is almost ten months when will he start holding it? Is there anything I can do to encourage him?nbsp;

My DD started holding her own bottle when we switched bottles from Playtex drop ins to Avent. I would think the Playtex would be lighter but she would never hold those. Or it could just be that she just finally "got it". Still a no go with the sippy cups though, so I usually give in and give her a straw sippy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My lo never held his bottle and he's 20 months now... He drinks from the sippy cup with straw . He also stopped bottle at 16months . I just tried to enjoy giving him bottle bc it doesn't last long before they are independent:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"