3rd Trimester

Lamest New Years ever?

What is everyone's plans for a very pregnant New Years this year? One of the parties we got invited too sounded perfect. Wear your Jammies, low key, drinks and snacks, etc but now dh and I are both really sick. Cough, cold, runny noses, miserable etc. at this point I'm not too confident well even be awake at midnight. Any ideas for still making it a special night? I'm thinking of making dinner or seeing if anyone will do fancy take out at the very least?

Re: Lamest New Years ever?

• I'm sorry you are sick. We are thinking the same, maybe make a nice dinner and then try to stay up to see the ball drop? Pretty lame. Happy New Year, feel better.
    Me 37 DH 40 TTC since 1/11 DOR AMH .34 DH S/A Great BFP 12/11! MC 1/12 IUI #1 2/12 BFN. IUI #2 3/12 BFN. IUI #3 4/12 BFN IVF #1 5/12 BFP! DD 2/13/12
  • A nice dinner, maybe grab a few movies to snuggle up to, a delicious dessert (must have for me, especially pregnant!), and maybe some sparkling cider or something for a midnight toast. Hope you feel better! We're being total homebodies this year and I'm looking forward to it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Aww that sucks you are sick, Hope you feel better!! As for my plans, my DH is a firefighter and works 24 hour shifts, so he will be down in WashDC working until tomorrow morning.  I really wish he could be here to ring in the New Years with me.  So, I will be spending the day/night with my family.  I am super close with my family, and we have a fun dinner planned, board games, movies, and lots of yummy snacks.  So I am pretty excited about that.

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

• DH has to work New Years day so we always planned to have a very low key NYE. We ordered a cake from Coldstone and we are going to make dinner and eat ice cream cake on the couch in our PJ's and probably head to bed early.

It's snowing and nasty here today and the weather is going to put a damper on a lot of peoples plans so I'm kind of excited that we are had planned to just stay in tonight. 

• We are being lame and staying in. We decided to "treat" ourselves to a bunch of junk we would normally never buy or fix that sort of fall into the heavy hors d'oeuvres category- spinach dip/chips, chili cheese dip/chips, mozzarella sticks, pizza rolls and cheesecake bites. B/c Jan 1- it's hello eating clean! :)
  • We are just going for dinner with DS and inlaws at 6. Then we will come home and relax. All fine with me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry you are sick! Hope you feel better soon in the New Year... I have been feeling sick all morning sitting at work. I have thrown up twice and hope this subsides! I'm glad to hear other couples are planning lame New Year's Eve! I'm actually glad we aren't going out this year with all the drunk idiots, just a nice quiet night in with the DH. Maybe we will take a bubble bath together (it is a tight squeeze now but kinda romantic). Happy New Year!!!!!
  • I'm on bed rest so hubby and I will probably just watch some Doctor Who or something lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• I'm sick, too!  It's miserable.  I told DH that I probably won't make it to 9:00.  Happy New Year, bleh.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I understand exactly how you feel, we have been under the weather too, and can't even seem to stay up past 9pm! Just even washing a couple of dishes has wiped out all my energy. Hoping for a nice quiet evening with some snuggling and a movie.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My family is still fighting this plague. The Norovirus hit us like a rock and my son still has diarrhea as of 4 days, 5 tomorrow at 8am if he continues. We thought we were home free yesterday when no one was throwing up but today my Dad, Father in Law and I all seem to be getting sick. We don't want to contaminate the population so at home it is. I bought some of my fav non alcoholic bubbly from Ikea (of all places) and we bought Despicable Me so all 3 of us can have a family movie night. We also plan on making cheese cake, it may not get eaten right away but it's a rare treat for me being glutten intolerant. The supply's alone were 30 dollars! In the end we will make our own fun and Go to bed when we feel like it. I couldn't ask for more than spendng it with my family. A co-worker lost her mother and 2 children in a car accident just over a month ago (5 and 11). I appreciate every moment much more, like is so short.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My husband is working at 4am tomorrow so that throws out our NYE plans. Our friends are throwing a party so if I feel crazy after he goes to bed (doubtful) I can go over there. We will be going out to eat for dinner tonight though. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'll be stuck watching the freaking hobbit because my stupid husband is clueless.  Despite me telling him at least 4 times that I really don't want to see it, he keeps insisting that we go on a date tonight (his parents are in town, so free babysitting) but only wants to go to a movie.  There are at least 3 movies that I actually WANT to see that he isn't really interested.  Finally just for the sake of getting him to leave me the hell alone I told him fine to the hobbit.  So of course he IMMEDIATELY went and booked tickets online (never does that) so now I'm freaking stuck.  And I'm cranky as hell about it.  I would SO much rather be at home in jammies watching the New York countdown with DD.  It might not be the lamest, but it might be among the shittiest I have in a while.  :(  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're making pizza from scratch, watching a movie online and just relaxing.  Considering this is our last kid-free NYE, I guess we should have gone out, but I'm bone tired by 11:00, let alone midnight.

• Hubby made steak, crabs legs, stuffed mushrooms and mashed potatoes... add chocolate for dessert and we are both in a food coma right now and it is not even 7pm yet.  :)  I got sparkling white grape juice for later and we are going to nap until the ball drops!  Totally low key and lovely.  Now if I would just go into labor...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Count us in for low-key evening, too! I'm making Turkish appetizers for dinner and homemade pide bread. We're playing board games and watching a movie online. We kind of hate going out on New Years, though, so this definitely isn't the lamest one we've had!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm cleaning the house and eating Doritos, don't feel too bad, LOL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm sorry you and DH are sick :- FI isn't sick, but I have the same yucky stuff as you do and it is absolutely miserable. I'd love to get a good buzz then pass out!

We went to his grandmother's for appetizers, but we were only there for about two and a half hours before I was itching to go. Now he's watching Legend of the Seeker, and I'm bumpin'. I'd say this NYE is a success! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"