Toddlers: 24 Months+

craft supply storage

how/where do you store craft supplies? Looking for something other then a box that my little man will just tear into and make a big mess out of every time he's in there....

Re: craft supply storage

• I bought this to store all of DS's craft / coloring / painting supplies in.  I liked that it had different size drawers.  I keep crayons, markers and paint brushes in the small drawers.  Paper, coloring books and stickers, etc in the medium drawers and large paint pads, play doh, etc in the big drawer.

DS knows where everything goes and is good about putting things back in the proper spot.  It's also nice that he doesn't have to dig through a bunch of stuff to get to what he wants, which I think helps keep the mess factor low.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have a buffet in my dining room that has 2 big cabinets, 2 drawers and 1 little cabinet.

I have all the paper in one drawer, paper towel rolls and bigger jars of things in the little cabinet. Inside the 2 big cabinets I have bins with play-doh, paints, markers, stickers, foam stickers, a container with googly eyes, pom-poms, craft sticks, etc. Another bin with coloring books.

She knows whats in each bin, but has to ask me for help to get them out, which is fine by me.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • things I allow them to access (crayons, stickers, coloring books, paper, colored pencils) are in a drawer in our kitchen. things I want more control over (paints, little doodads that would get everywhere if htey opened them, special occasion/holiday stuff, model magic, etc) is in a box on a shelf in a closet. I have this box from ikea that I really like, it is a deep plastic box with an insert that is divided, the bigger items go in the bottom & the smaller things go in the top insert.

Once we finish our basement I'd like to buy some sort of craft cart or more formal organization items to keep in a closet there.

•  I bought a 6 drawer scrapbook cart at Michael's (50% off right now). They are small drawers, but work for us for now. I like how the "drawers" consist of boxes that close.
     It was a bit spendy for a plastic cart - $30ish when half off, but I thought it went with another price tag when I bought it.

https://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/scrapbook-central-rolling-cart-763763/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have cubbies with canvas boxes for some, but a I found a clever idea from Pintrest- using an over the door shoe holder to store paint, markers, chalk, etc.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"