1st Trimester

Thyroid antibodies

Just got a call from the docs office. First off she was rude and condescending. So our conversation was less than informative. Also I was at my desk so I couldn't really ask any questions. What she did say was that my prenatal bloodwork came back with an elevated TSH of 3.9. So they are going to run another test for antibodies. Not sure when I will get the results of that.

Of course I google it and the first article I read is that it correlates to a higher miscarriage risk. Now I'm worried but don't feel like I can call the nurse back for any other info.

Wondering of anyone else has insight or info on this? Thanks in advance.

Re: Thyroid antibodies

• I wouldn't let it worry you too much.  Normal non pregnancy TSH levels are between .5 and 4.5 and I read online that normal first trimester levels should be between 0.24 and 2.99.  You are outside of the normal range but not by much (I am hypothyroid and have had much higher numbers than that) If you are hypothyroid (which can be pregnancy related) it is very easily treated with medication. I would call back on Wednesday and try to talk the doctor or another nurse and get more information on the next steps.
  • Thank you! Yes probably best to call back and speak with my regular nurse.

• Loading the player...
  • I have hypothyroidism and it can be treated easily with medication I do hear not so good things about the generic though.

I also have elevated antibodies and had to go on a Glutenfree and DairyFree with less animal protein diet. This was all before BFP. Still mostly on the diet with splurges here and there.

Baby is just fine I'm 13 wks but take care of it soon because it can cause complications. Your levels are not that bad so I wouldn't worry! Mine were all over the place and that's why I had to do the thyroid diet. It's not the end if the world though :

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"