Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby's room right next to older child's room

Anybody having an issue with the older child not sleeping well as the baby's room is in close proximity and can hear the crying?

Re: Baby's room right next to older child's room

• Options
    We haven't had a single issue with the rooms being right next to each other.  We have a sound machine in both rooms for white noise, plus my older DD is a pretty heavy sleeper and we keep her door shut at night.  She has never been woken up by a crying baby.  Good luck!
    Elizabeth Renee - 10/15/2008
    Anna Kathryn - 09/09/2012
  • Options
    If the baby is crying or vice/versa, I close the door.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLittleApple:
    If the baby is crying or vice/versa, I close the door.

Pretty much this. We haven't had any issues. My youngest can sleep through some pretty impressive tantrums and my oldest sleeps through the fussiness at night :') 

• Options
    DS (now 3 months) and DD (just turned 2) have rooms that are side by side, no issues so far, knock on wood. We actually had more issues when DS was still sleeping in our room, he would keep us awake most of the night as he has reflux and is a noisy sleeper and when we would toss/turn we would cause him to stir. Things have been much better in the past week since he's been in his own room. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had to end up putting the kids in the same room for lack of space but it don't seem to bother DS too much he is a heavy sleeper and he thinks he is her pretecter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"