October 2012 Moms
Options

Cutting nails/scratching face?

How often do you cut/file LO's nails? I have started doing it every night after he passes out at the 4 am feeding but he still scratches himself really badly sometimes. He just grabs his skin and pulls/scratches when he is tired/frustrated/hungry. I try to take care of his needs before then but it isn't always possible. The scratches heal pretty quickly but I just feel awful!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cutting nails/scratching face?

• Options
    My DD does the same thing.  She does it mostly when she is waking up, she loves to rub her hands all over her face and usually ends up with a scratch.  I try to cut them every few days, but I have mostly been filing them after baths, she tolerates that much more then the cutting process.  When I do cut I make sure she is sleeping, because she flails her arms like a mad woman if i try to hold her hand to cut. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Omg sharp nails on my tender nipple is the worst! Maybe all of my milk is going to his nails!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I file his nails when he dozes off during nursing. I've only done it a couple times since he was born actually. Haven't done the toenails yet, they don't need it. I heard they grow slower.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"