October 2012 Moms

XP: Do BF babies ever STTN?

My baby is 12 weeks old and I'm in no rush, other than the fact I go back to work on Wednesday and will be sleep deprived, but he only sleeps 4 to 5 hour stretches at night. Do BF babies ever sleep 8ish hours at a time?

Re: XP: Do BF babies ever STTN?

• Mine did one night but I think it was a fluke. I'm wondering if they do too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mine did for three or four nights in a row!! But the past three nights he hasn't!!

I think right now it's a hit and miss kind of deal!!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup! Mine has slept 8 hours since about 4 weeks. Some nights we will get anywhere between 6 and 7 but its usually closer to 8.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • DS2 did last night and usually does between 6 and 8, unless he's in a growth spurt, but DS1 still doesn't...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine does 8 to 9 hours most nights. I'm up at 3am once a week or so.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Mine is 10.5wks and he only sleeps 6 hours every now and then.  Otherwise, he is still up 3-5 hours.  My boobs hurt so much and there is so much leakage when he does go over the 5hour mark that I end up waking up anyway.  So at this time, it's a mixed blessing.
  • I've learned that it really varies from baby to baby.  With DS, I was convinced BF babies didn't STTN because he took freaking forever to do it.  DD started sleeping 6 hour stretches early on, and has progressed to about 7 or 8 on average, and sometimes 9 or 10.  I haven't done anything differently with them, they're just very different sleepers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNicksChick!:
    Mine does 8 to 9 hours most nights. I'm up at 3am once a week or so.

This! But I won't lie to you... Due to 5 bouts of mastitis LO is too lazy to feed directly from the breast I had to start exclusively pumping so that 56 ounces around 8:00/10 puts her out for the night
  • My dd is 11 weeks and usually sleeps between 610 hours a night before waking up to eat. My ds was also exclusively breastfed and was still waking every 3 hours at this time and once a night until 9 months old. Different babies for sure!
  • I pretty much hate all of you.  Kidding.  But I am jealous.  My son won't sleep longer than 3-3.5 hour stretches.  I think one night we got a 5.5 hour stretch it was GLORIOUS.  But usually I am up with him at least 3 times a night.  Oh well.  STTN will happen at some point I guess.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage 

BFP 1/24/2012 - DS Born 9/22/2012 (11 days early!)
    BFP 2/15/2014 - CP 2/19/2014
    BFP 11/4/2014 - Due 7/14/2015
  • imageellcore:
    Yup! Mine has slept 8 hours since about 4 weeks. Some nights we will get anywhere between 6 and 7 but its usually closer to 8.

This! The 8 hour nights are nice, the 6 hour ones aren't so nice.
  • Of course they do. It just really depends on the baby. Some are good sleepers and others just don't sleep as long. My little one will sleep well at night, but often cluster feeds in the evenings before bed.
  • This is so depressing...my kid sometimes gets 5 hrs, but last night it was the old school 2.5-3. I felt better about myself when I figured most babies don't sleep so long until much later, but I have been proven wrong.
  • Mine has a few times now. He goes to bed at 930 pm and wakes up at 530 am. Idk why though, I don't do anything different than the other ladies on thus broad. I feel really lucky.
  • imageellcore:
    Yup! Mine has slept 8 hours since about 4 weeks. Some nights we will get anywhere between 6 and 7 but its usually closer to 8.

This.

DD1 was NOT a good sleeper so we did sleep training around 7 months

imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"