September 2011 Moms
Options

I'm a jerk

So DH's bff is my pharmasist.  He was DH's best man, we're going to ask him to be godfather for #2, I love this man, he's like family.

Anyway, I jokingly told him I blame him for me getting pregnant because I was on the mini pill.  And on Friday, while at a party, I told another friend "yeah, my pharmasist failed me!" who knew bff was my pharmasist. 

Bff called DH last night asking if I was really mad at him and said his feelings were hurt that I was saying that.  I feel SO SO bad!  I was just trying to be funny, what a jerk I am : (    I totally didn't stop to think about how what I was saying might make him feel.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm a jerk

• Options
    Foot in mouth is a common pregnancy side effect. :) can you call him to smooth things over? I know the terrible pit in your stomach feeling when you inadvertently offend someone. I hope you can get things smoothed over.
  • Options

imageGVSU-04:
    Foot in mouth is a common pregnancy side effect. :) can you call him to smooth things over? I know the terrible pit in your stomach feeling when you inadvertently offend someone. I hope you can get things smoothed over.

I asked DH to invite him over for the Rose Bowl tomorrow so I can appologize in person and win him over with baked goods.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put my foot in my mouth often. Pg or not. I'm sure you will be able to smooth things over easily.

FWIW, maybe he is just sensitive to being blamed for stuff he has no control over? DH is a pharmacist and they are constantly dealing with pissy patients since they are usually seen last. Majority of the time Drs make mistakes and the Pharm has to call and wait for a call back, yet the patient always seems to take it out on the pharmacist. Not to mention all retail pharmacies seem to be hacking hours all the time yet expecting the same outcome. DH just isn't as happy with his job like he used to be. I guess that happens though. But yeah, your friend was being too sensitive. I'm sure he already realizes it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ohhhh Sols! You are not a jerk! I think the Bff may be on a mini pill-- he sounds a little seeenssiitive Stick out tongue Total joke, and nothing a little baked good cannot fix!

Btw, I wanted to tell you Happy Anniversary!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

The bff and I were *just* talking about how I did not want to get pregnant anytime soon back in November (little did I know I was already knocked up!) so I think he truly thought we weren't happy about the pregnancy.  DH assuring him that we were thrilled with the surprise and felt really blessed did seem to help. 

Thanks Beca!!!

• Options
    I agree with Becca and Benji. Fer reel, who calls up a pregnant woman and tells her her joke hurt his feelings? I think your joke is quite clever actually. But then I don't have an abundance of estrogen in my system at the moment. Stick out tongue
  • Options
    imagesolsburyhill:

imageGVSU-04:

I asked DH to invite him over for the Rose Bowl tomorrow so I can appologize in person and win him over with baked goods.

This sounds like a good ideaSmile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"