Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Stressed about transitioning to crib

My baby girl is 12 weeks now & has been sleeping in the cradle attachement on the pack & play in our room from day 1, she currently sleeps through the night from about 10 pm- 630/7 am.  I know that I need to start to tranisition her into the crib but when I put her in there to nap she wakes up & starts screaming... it is stressing me out because I am back to work and don't want to mess up a good thing.  Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stressed about transitioning to crib

• Options

Have you tried swaddling her? If I put my baby girl in the crib for a nap without swaddling her, she wakes up in 10 minutes. I use the swaddle me wrap with velcro, and wrap her up when she is sleepy. I put her down in the bed and she naps for an hour or so.

Try wrapping her up. 

• Options

One thing I learned personally with my first is let them sleep where they want to sleep. All that matters is baby (and you, hopefully!) is well rested. My doctor agreed! DD1 slept overnight in her swing (strapped in, completely safe) until 10 months (with some crib naps during the day which required some lengthy rocking before she'd go out). I was ridiculously stressed about the transition and had my share of crying over it.

Looking back the stress wasn't worth it! She actually ended up transitioning herself to the crib overnights one night when she refused to go to sleep in her swing (around 10 months old). When she did that we put her in her crib and crossed our fingers and she slept 12 hours..and has ever since (usually). Your LO won't be sleeping in the pack and play til she's 16..eventually she will probably transition herself! Plus, your LO is only 12 weeks..so too young for sleep training. I think if you are set in transitioning and she isn't taking to it yet that it would probably be easier when she is old enough to start self soothing around 4-6 months. But that's just my opinion :) Now that I'm mom to two I find myself being much more laid back about things because they will transition and hit milestones at their own pace. Each baby is different. Not worth the stress! Makes for a happier baby..and mom too. HTH

Lilly & Ryan 7/4/09 --- Lelia Noelle 11/29/10 --- Aerilyn Grace 11/3/12
    imageimageimageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much!  I really needed to hear that... I find that I stress out when I should be enjoying her.  As long & she is happy & healthy... that is all that I really care about!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"