1st Trimester

Always get a second opinion!

Hello, sooo in super frustrated!!!!

I posted on here a few weeks ago asking about a pregnancy test and faint lines.. Well I came to a result that I was pregnant because I did many tests that had the one line and then another faint one. A day or so after I had some bleeding and decided to go to the hospital to get checked out. I did a urine test, had a pelvic exam and they took my blood. The doctor who I spoke to told me that the urine test was negative and told me I had a miscarriage. He also said I would most likely have to go in for a DC as well if I didnt start bleeding. Having a miscarriage is obviously hard no matter if your early in pregnancy or not.. So I have obviously cried about it. I called my gyno and booked an appointment to see her in January because I haven't started to bleed.

TODAY.. Literally about an hour ago I received a phone call from my family doctor saying she received interesting lab results from the blood work I had done. Apparently I AM pregnant... And my hcg level is at 55. My last period was November 11th. I guess since the doctor didnt look to much into it assumed I had a miscarriage. I'm SOOO confused, upset, and shocked about this. Most upsetting part is that I have been drinking and smoking since I went to the hospital.. Man oh man..

Just wanted to vent a little bit..
photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif

Re: Always get a second opinion!

• I have a few questions.

when did you first get a bfp?

when was the blood drawn that gave u a level of 55?

imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagepurplepeanut6:

I have a few questions.

when did you first get a bfp?

when was the blood drawn that gave u a level of 55?

Ditto. 55 is really low. Do you have any idea how far along you were when you went to the ER?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • First bfp was on the 20th but that was a suuuuuper faint line.

Blood test was at the hospital 23rd.
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

• Has your OB drawn more blood since then? Are they planning on doing an ultrasound?

• My last period was November 11th so I would be around 7 or 8 weeks NOW.. My doctor said I might have ovulated later than I should have? I'm not to sure I'm just soooo confused. I'm going for another blood test this Friday though
    ~may siggy challenge~

• imageKatieR2310:
    First bfp was on the 20th but that was a suuuuuper faint line. Blood test was at the hospital 23rd.

What did your actual DR advise?  A beta of 55 at 6+ wks pregnant is pretty low.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKatieR2310:
    First bfp was on the 20th but that was a suuuuuper faint line. Blood test was at the hospital 23rd.

Im assuming December.

my concern is 55 is very low.

If I were you I would go in for blood work this week to make sure its going up.

It could be you m/c and your HCG is dropping.  

wishing you luck! 

• imageKatieR2310:
    My last period was November 11th so I would be around 7 or 8 weeks NOW.. My doctor said I might have ovulated later than I should have? I'm not to sure I'm just soooo confused. I'm going for another blood test this Friday though

You are either not as far along as you think (maybe 3-4 weeks with that number?) or its not a viable pregnancy.

• imageKatieR2310:
    My last period was November 11th so I would be around 7 or 8 weeks NOW.. My doctor said I might have ovulated later than I should have? I'm not to sure I'm just soooo confused. I'm going for another blood test this Friday though

If ur still preg. I would assume u Od late. you mentioned u had bleeding, how much? was it like a period? when was it exactly? maybe this is a second pregnancy.

• Oops, yes December. I have an appointment for this Friday. Wish people would stop telling me I'm pregnant or I've had a miscarriage until they actual figure it out.. Truly plays with your emotions. I haven't had any bleeding since that day, my doctor said it could have been implantation bleeding but I don't know.. Guess everything is unknown until the next test. :s
    ~may siggy challenge~

• imageKatieR2310:
    Oops, yes December. I have an appointment for this Friday. Wish people would stop telling me I'm pregnant or I've had a miscarriage until they actual figure it out.. Truly plays with your emotions. I haven't had any bleeding since that day, my doctor said it could have been implantation bleeding but I don't know.. Guess everything is unknown until the next test. :s

yah it sucks for sure! it could go either way. it could be a m/c, a viable pregnancy, or a second pregnancy. you need to get some blood drawn and see what happens to the numbers.

gl!  

• It was just red spotting.. And only when I wiped after using the washroom. It could be true that I am not as far along as I thought.. Ecspecially since my doctor did say I could have ovulated later
    ~may siggy challenge~

• imageKatieR2310:
    Oops, yes December. I have an appointment for this Friday. Wish people would stop telling me I'm pregnant or I've had a miscarriage until they actual figure it out.. Truly plays with your emotions. I haven't had any bleeding since that day, my doctor said it could have been implantation bleeding but I don't know.. Guess everything is unknown until the next test. :s
    I am really sorry that you have been told two different things I can't imagine what you are going through right now. All I can say is wait until blood is drawn angain and see what your levels are and hopefully you can know for sure one way or the other. Good luck.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageKatieR2310:

FWIW, the ER will always diagnose you with a threatened miscarriage and send you home. The first beta draw doesn't mean as much as whether or not it doubles in an appropriate time frame. I would put what the ER doc said out of your mind and wait to see what your OB says. Your OB knows much better than an ER doc what is/could be going on.

Good luck!

• That is so frustrating, I'm sorry you are going through that :( Good luck at your next draw and I hope you get some answers one way or another. I wouldn't worry so much about the smoking and drinking you've done in the past week- many women do things they wouldn't normally do while pregnant, before they know they are pregnant. The important thing is to be as healthy as you can now.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"