Stay at Home Moms
Options

Middle of the Night Awakenings

Does your hubby help with night awakenings on work nights or are you on your own?

Re: Middle of the Night Awakenings

• Options

Not very often.  Typically I'll get up with the kids.  He could also sleep through the house falling down around him so I'd have to wake him, and by that point I'm already awake so I might as well do it myself.

If DD gets up super early he'll get up with her so I can sleep in.

• Options
    I always got up with the baby. When DS was born DH took over getting up for DD when she happened to wake up in the middle of the night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When DS was a little baby we split night duty.  Once he got a little older and was waking up only once per night and would quickly take a bottle and go back to bed MH actually was the one who took the feeding on a regular basis.  Now that DS is STTN with only occasional wake ups it's still usually MH who gets up with him.  When he does wake up now it's usually super briefly and random.  Like he just gets disoriented or something and wants to be covered up again and then he's fine.  If he's up because he's sick or something we will switch off, or sometimes we're even both up depending on the situation. 

This just works for us.  MH is way better at operating on interrupted sleep and I'm also a pretty deep sleeper while he's a light sleeper so if DS wakes up MH is the first one to hear it and for me to get up he usually has to actually wake me up.  I grew up in a noisy household and can pretty much sleep through anything ;) 

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm on my own... but only because I want it that way. When DD wakes up (which, thankfully, is only once a night nowadays) it takes me 5 minutes to get up, settle her, and get back to bed. I barely wake up. If I had to wake DH up, that alone would take 5 minutes... then he'd blunder over to her room and I'd be laying awake waiting to see if he succeeds... It would all leave me wide awake, and losing more sleep than necessary. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    DH always helps with night wakings. This is mostly because I'm a really heavy sleeper and he's a light sleeper, so he hears the kids long before I do. When I have a nursing LO he brings the baby to me to nurse, otherwise he usually gets them back to sleep.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageNandaB:
    I always get up in the middle of the night. I nursed for 9 mo, and he still nursed once at night up until then. He mostly stopped waking up after that, although he still does every once in a while. Plus, my husband could sleep through a swat team raid. So, for him to get up with the baby I would have to shake him repeatedly, and therefore I would be up anyway. He gets up for work at 445 anyway, so I let him hhave this one.

I didn't nurse but this was our situation. Since MH was used to getting up so early, he took the 4am-5:30am shift and I got the rest. On days he was home he did 4am-10am so I could sleep in. That said, LO often didn't want anyone but me so I had to get up anyways.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not usually.  If DH is on days, he doesn't hear them.  When they were little, I BF and they wanted Mommy anyway.
  • Options
    He was never home at night, so no.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"