Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Diaper changing

Has everyone else started the stage where lo will not sit still for a diaper change? He arches his back and cries, tell me this goes away!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diaper changing

• I hope it does eventually, but DD is almost 12mo and still does it.  It's not every time I change her, but it is most of the time.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • If I try to lay him down, my son gets angry and crawls out of the room if I let him go for a second. I've had better success by switching to Huggies Slip Ons and letting him stand and play with a toy (while holding onto the crib bars for stability) while I do a quick switch. Pee diapers are super fast but poop takes a little more finesse.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Eyenigh - how much does your son weigh?  I have been wanting to try the slip-ons but my son is only 16 pounds and I am afraid they will be too big.
  • My LO does this but not with every diaper change.  It just depends on her mood.  I usually try to give her something to play with while I'm changing her so that she's content and too distracted to try to squirm away. 
  • imagephotogirl07:
    Eyenigh how much does your son weigh?nbsp; I have been wanting to try the slipons but my son is only 16 pounds and I am afraid they will be too big.

He's about 25 pounds and wears a size 4 but they do make them in size 3, too. I think Huggies tend to run small so I'll bet they could work for you. My son is super tall so he's been in 4s for a long time, well before he hit the weight requirement, and they've always fit well with no leaks.

• My LO does this too. I try to give her a new toy she hasn't seen for a while, or ill give her something that under normal circumstances she isn't allowed to play with like the diaper cream tube, or a spare diaper, I of course watch her closely but this usually works like a charm because she knows she isn't supposed to have it lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"