Breastfeeding

How to use my frozen stash

DD is one month old as of yesterday! I have been using a hand pump about once, sometimes twice a day to keep a small freezer stash in case of emergency or if I need to go out etc... I usually get about 4 or 5oz really easy and fast and I just freeze whatever I pumped no matter how much it measures.

So I now have a freezer of like 10 bags that range from 3oz to 5oz and I don't know the proper way to use it! I've thawed out a 4oz bag and she didn't finish the bottle so I felt like I wasted it!!

Should I maybe just freeze 2oz at a time? I plan on working part time soon and I'm not sure how to properly use my frozen milk.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How to use my frozen stash

• At first I froze in BPA free ice cube trays (each cube is 1 oz.) that way I could defrost just what LO needed.  Now I'm freezing in 4oz bags because he takes anywhere from 3 to 4 oz at a time. 

I like PPs idea of saving your bigger bags until your LO is older and eating more at a time.  If you thaw and make two bottles that's fine too, but be sure to use or toss it after 24 hours from when it's fully thawed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• I never pumped or introduced a bottle before 8 weeks so I never needed less than 4oz per bottle.

But now I sah so I freeze in ice cube trays to use with solids it works well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"