August 2013 Moms

Back pain!!!

So, thanks to a previous back injury, bad genes when it comes to back problems, and a tilted uterus that is currently pushing into a nerve on my spine, my back is KILLING ME!!! I mean, it's so bad the spasms have literally made me collapse. Anyone have any tips on managing it? I'm not supposed to be using a heating pad, and to be honest, I don't think it would help anyways since I don't think it's a matter of muscles needing to relax, and of course every chiropractor in the area is closed for New Years :(
Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Back pain!!!

• Hey Skittles!  I have severe back pain even when I'm not pregnant due to a childhood injury.  Heat is not good for it.  Use ice packs for it.  The one thing that has worked the best for me especially during pregnancy it yoga.  Hope this helps!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thank you! I'm going to have to try some yoga poses and see if they help take some of the pressure off my back :) I can't believe I didn't think about yoga!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You are welcome!  I suffered for so long with my back pain before I started doing yoga.  Once I did, I was able to quit using the meds that were prescribed to me and everything.  Now I don't miss a day without doing at least a few poses. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have had back problems for quite a few year, unbearable back pain. My chiro recommended stretches. The one that helps me the most is sitting with your back straight then push your hips forward and you shoulders backwards. It stretches your lower back. Do that about 5 times. Also as above, pregnancy yoga is really great, just don't push yourself too much at first or you will hurt your back more. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"