Trying to Get Pregnant

SA results=not good

I've been on and off this board for the past year.  DH and I have been TTC for 2 years now.  We found an RE in our area and had our first appointment 2 weeks ago.

I had my CD3 bloodwork done, which all came back normal.  A week ago, DH had an SA done, and well, that is not good.  There was no sperm found.  We had always suspected something was wrong, especially since I have been pregnant before (not with DH though).  We just never though there would be no sperm.  More tests have been done, and there are no blockages, he has never produced sperm.

After crying, and praying, we have looked at other options with our RE.  We can either adopt, but we have never felt in our hearts that that is the right choice for us.  There is also the option of using donor sperm, which we have discussed before.  We are not jumping to a decision right now, I have a mid-cycle ultrasound scheduled for monday, Jan 7th, just to make sure I am ovulating properly, and my lining is right to carry a pregnancy.  Once we get the results of that, then we will make the decision on whether to use donor sperm, or remain child free.

This has been a lot to take in.  I have been lurking on the Infertility board, and seems like that maybe where I start posting more, since there are more girls on there dealing with the same thing, that I can relate to more.

I will still be lurking on here to see everyone's BFP posts, and routing you all on.

Sorry, this was so long, if you read all the way to the end, thank you all, and all the well wishes! I wish you all the best in the upcoming new year!

BFP #1 3/27/07-M/C 8weeks 5/3/07 "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away." 2/4/13 IUI #1+trigger=BFP!!!  DD born Oct. 9, 2013 via c-sectionAnniversary

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: SA results=not good

• So very sorry for you and your DH!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry you two are going through this. I hope your heart leads you in the direction that is right for your family.

***DD 5/15/2004***TTC #2 Since March 2012***Severe MFI*** LameBlog ***

CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry you got such bad news. I hope you and your husband can come to a decision that works for you.
    imageimage
  • ((hugs))  that is hard news to take in for sure.  Have you checked out the IF board at all?  I believe they have a check-in for people dealing with little or no sperm.  Might be worth a little lurking

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• I am so sorry, I hope you and DH can come to a decision you both will be happy with. 

image  image
    Married: July 16,2011
    TTC since: July 2012
    Me: 29  CD3 blood work: All normal; Other blood work: Insulin levels high; HSG: All Clear
    DH: 34 SA: Count: Good (27 Mil); Poor motility (25%);Poor morphology (1%)
    DX: PCOS-IR and MFI
    BFP #1 10/9/13 / Beta #1 68 / Beta #2 162 / EDD: 6/19/14
    Jared Lee Born 6/28/14
  • I'm so sorry.  I hope 2013 is a great year for you and your DH.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• wow, that is huge and hard news to receive and I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope you and your hubby can come to terms with a solution that works best for both of you. all the best
    TTC #1 since April 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am very sorry you are going through this. I wish you the best in the new year.
    When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.
  • So sorry for what you must be going through...I pray you make the best decision for you and your hubby. Hugs
  • I am so sorry for you, but stay strong and keep your head up!  You will figure out the option that works best for you!
    Married since 10/2011
    TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Dx: No Sperm Count

History:
    Referred to RE after SA results
    HSG, bloodwork, and U/S all good
    3 Non-Medicated IUIs + 1 Clomid IUI w/ Trigger = All BFNs

Today:
    Dr says 2 more Clomid IUIs until we move to IVF

Our Fur-baby Shelby

My Ovulation Chart

• ::hugs::  that sucks.  Hope you and YH can come to an agreement soon that you're both happy with, so you can plan your next steps.
  • I'm so sorry !! Hugs I pray you find some comfort and are able to reach the right decision together .
  • I'm so sorry, good luck with everything
  • I'm so sorry.  Good luck on the next chapter.
    Jan siggy challenge: Funny/inappropriate snowmen
    TTC since April 2012
    First Urologist appt 1/30
  • So sorry.....prayers for you and your DH

Me-33 DH-33

DD #1 BFP 6-1-06 after 8 months of TTC

TTC #2 since July 2011

1st RE Appt 11/28/12 DX with PCOS, HSG and SA=Normal

Feb 2013-June 2013, 3 TI cycles and 2 IUI cyles with Letrozole, Ovidrel, and Dexamethasone=BFN!!!

July 2013-August 2013....taking a break and praying for a miracle

Fall 2013...will attempt IUI #3 and then seek 2nd opinion if it's a bust too

• I'm sorry you received such disheartening news. Praying that you and your husband are able to have a family in whatever way works best for you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married in May 2012
    TTC since August 2012
    BFP 3.2.13 EDD 11.11.13
    My Blog
  • We're all here for you no matter what you decide. I hope the new year brings you some clarity. Please stop by and update us as your journey continues. We will miss seeing you!

lots of <3 to my TBBFF Sothernpeach80 - BABY ETHAN IS HERE! 02.04.13 <3

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

BFP #1 07/27/12 - EDD 04/07/13; C/P on 07/31/12

BFP #2 10/11/12 - EDD 06/24/13; Blighted Ovum; D&C 11/30/12

BFP #3 03/10/13 - EDD 11/17/13 - PLEASE BE OUR TAKE HOME BABY!

Beta #1 - 95.8 (12DPO); Beta #2 - 502 (15DPO); Beta #3 - 2003 (18DPO)

First U/S showed one beautiful baby measuring 7w1d with a HR of 148!!! Second U/S showed baby measuring 9w0d with a HR of 173!!!

My Ugly BFP Chart

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so so sorry that you have to go through this. I can't imagine.

I hope everything works out and you both get a take home baby, no matter how you go about it.

Anniversary

• I'm really sorry to hear this. I wish you and DH the best with whatever you decide is best for you.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • I am so sorry about the SA news! I wish you luck in whatever option you decide on.

Anna Catherine 7/23/2012, 35 weeks 5 days, 5 lbs 5 oz (PProm)

Baby Sam 10/4/2013, 36 weeks 2 days, 5 lbs 14 oz

• I am so sorry you and your DH have to go through something like that. I hope that you both find your happy ending!

***SIGGY/TICKER WARNING***

TTC since September 2012 ~ DH(32): Non-obstructive azoospermia, Me(32): Normal

10/13 - TESE found sperm!! ~ 11/13 - IVF w/ ICSI #1 ~ ER 11/23/13 ~ 10 R, 9 M, 8 F

ET 11/29/13 ~ Transferred 2 beautiful hatching blasts, 5 frosties

12/5/13 -  BFP!!! Beta #1 (12/7/13) - 189  Beta #2 (12/9/13) - 401 Beta #3 5871

12/16/13 U/S #1 - TWINS!! EDD - August 16, 2014 ~ 7/19/14 - Our beautiful baby girls joined the world!

• I am so sorry about the bad news. That really sucks. :(
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • So sorry about the results.  I hope you guys will be lead down the right path!

TTC since March 2012
    DX: MFI (4% motility)

Cycle 13: Natural cycle w/ HSG test = BFP
    Identical twins! 
    Lost my angel boys at 10.5 weeks

Cycle 14-16: Natural Cycles = BFN
    Cycle 17: Follistim + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    Cycle 18: Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19: Follistim + Trigger +IUI#2
    Polyp found: SIS 11/11 - hysteroscopy 11/14
    Cycle 20: Follistim + IUI#2 = BFFN
    Cycle 21: Follistim (adj. dosage) + IUI#3 TI  = BFN
    IUI cancelled due to weather
    Cycle 22: Follistim + IUI#3.1 = BFN

Cycle 23: treatment break, IVF consult
    Cycle 24 - 26: natural cycle w/ acupuncture + Chinese herbs = BFN
    Cycle 27: Follistim + IUI#4 = BFFN
    Natural Cycles until IVF
    Cycle 30: IVF#1 - Starting with Menopur + Follistim + Ganirelix
    17 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 5dt w/ 2 blasts, 5 frosties

Betas:  #1-156(9dp5dt), #2-1200(13dp5) #3-6112(17dp5)
    Ultrasound #1 10/6: 1 bean!
    TEAM BLUE!

My Chart
    ~~ALL WELCOME~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So sorry for your bad news. Hoping for a plan that will help you achieve your dream of having a family!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So sorry...hopefully the next decisions you make will be good for both of you and you will one day get your bouncing, happy baby! :)

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• So sorry for the bad news! Good luck to you and the big decisions you have ahead. 

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• I'm so sorry, this kind of news can be so devastating.  I hope your heart leads you to a decision right for you both.

me:33 my wife:32      married in June '12
    LONG road through IF ending in heartbreak and frustration.
    Moving on to Adoption : matched 5/14! 
    Our beautiful son was born August 25, 2014!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. T&Ps that you come to a decision that is best for you and yoru future family.

• imagelobosabby:

We're all here for you no matter what you decide. I hope the new year brings you some clarity. Please stop by and update us as your journey continues. We will miss seeing you!

Thank you! I will be keeping everyone updated, and I'll be lurking this board like crazy in the meantime, and I need to frequent chat again, I realized I haven't been in chat in awhile.

BFP #1 3/27/07-M/C 8weeks 5/3/07 "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away." 2/4/13 IUI #1+trigger=BFP!!!  DD born Oct. 9, 2013 via c-sectionAnniversary

• I'm so sorry that you and your DH had to receive this news. All the very best to you. 
    TTC #1 since July 2012
  • I am so very sorry to hear that OP.  Best of luck to you and your DH, my thoughts are you with both!
  • So very sorry for your news. Good luck to you and your DH as your figure things out.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm very sorry you got this news. I hope your US goes well and wish you peace in making a decision about what to do. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • So sorry to hear this.  Good luck to you and your husband, whatever path you choose.
  • I am so sorry. Sad I can imagine that that is a lot to take in. I hope that you and your DH are able to come to a decision that you are both ok with, and in the mean time, huge hugs to you as you deal with all of the emotions of this news. All the best to you!

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"