August 2013 Moms
Options

How to hide it on NYE!

Happy New Year! I am seven weeks today and had US today where I saw the heartbeat!. My husband and I haven't told anyone yet. I've been using fake hang overs, illnesses and designated driving as reasons why I'm not drinking. I've even switched out regular wine for nonalcoholic it's super gross! but now it's New Year's Eve and I'm out of excuses. We were invited to a little cocktail party that I hate to refuse mostly because I've been bailing on all social situations that I can. My friends are starting to get mad. Or I'm paranoid! But I was just wondering if any of you had any fake drinking techniques so that we can keep our secret a little longer!

Re: How to hide it on NYE!

• Options
    Avoid the fake wine! Go with a hi ball glass with juice in it, it's not like they can tell there isn't alcohol in mixed drinks ;) Or just offer to go as DD, and say you still feel a little under the weather, so you probably shouldn't drink and add to it anyways. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

The two things I have been doing:

1) Tonic water, club soda, sprite or 7up with a lime garnish = fake vodka drink.

2) If people are around me when I am "making" a drink, I'll add a few different fruit juices, some club soda, a fruit garnish and not make a big deal of it. They just assume I'm making myself some sort of cocktail.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went out for drinks with friends this weekend and H discreetly ordered me a sparkling water with cranberry and a lime. No one even questioned what I was drinking.  Maybe you can mix yourself something similar?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have been getting ginger ale/ and cranberry in a cocktail  glass tell them to hold the straw and put in lemon and lime
    Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • Options
    I made fake looking drinks with DS and that only works if you aren't making them right in front of everyone.  This time through I'm carrying around a real drink and dumping it in the bathroom periodically or having DH really drink it while I take fake sips.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    Cranberry juice and sparkling water with a lime. Have DH make your cocktail while you chat with people, if it's a do-it-yourself kind of thing, so people don't notice you aren't drinking.
  • Options

Same as others - I made it through three xmas parties out (2 with open bars, 1 with free drink tickets) and wasn't found out.  I regularly drink gin and tonic so club soda with lime worked great.

• Options
    imagepeanut+muse:

The two things I have been doing:

1) Tonic water, club soda, sprite or 7up with a lime garnish = fake vodka drink.

2) If people are around me when I am "making" a drink, I'll add a few different fruit juices, some club soda, a fruit garnish and not make a big deal of it. They just assume I'm making myself some sort of cocktail.

This! 

After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• Options
    were a pretty social couple, and people are on teh lookout for us since we got married last year, so heres what weve done.  if its a house party, ive bought the alcohol free wine, its called fre.  ive even poured it into an empty bottle of white wine ( my husband happened to have had a glass of wine the night before, giving us an empty bottle).  at bars, ive gotten club soda or tonic, and once when i wasnt feeling well, a ginger ale i said had rum in it.  at a brinch i ordered a bloody mary then followed the waiter to the bar and told him anything i ordered had to be a virgin.  the only thing with that is you need to get the bill before others see it, bc the drink are clearly cheaper.  we sound crazy bt really dont want people to know, as we had a m/c last time... good luck!
  • Options
    In college when I didn't want to drink I would order a water with lime. I just said it was a gin and tonic so people wouldn't ask questions. Plus no one I know likes gin and tonics so no one ever asked to try some.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"