July 2013 Moms

Home from NT

We're back and thus far all looked good! We measures 12w0d but we're keeping my due date based on my LMP, which has me at 11w4d. Heartbeat was 163. Our little lime was sleeping and super still which freaked us out, but we got to listen to the heartbeat which was nice. Looked like the baby was sucking on a thumb. The tech took the first set of pics to the doc for approval who asked her to take more pics because the baby was keeping her chin on her chest. I had to cough a bunch to try and get the baby moving at one point they said if we didn't get a good pic i'd have to come back again next week. In the end we did get a pic the doc approved of. The tech wouldn't even play the what gender game even though we told her we understood it would just be a guess. Oh well! Glad the little line looked ok. What weirded me out the most was the way they sent my blood to the lab. They drew half a vile of blood the normal way and then they squeezed 5 drops onto specific spots on my forms, covered them up and that was it. It all looked official.... Is this normal? My H and I both found it bizzaro.

Re: Home from NT

• Completely normal for them to send the bloodwork like that. I see it quite often after ladies have their babies the metabolic screen is also done that way.
  • Our tech wouldn't look either! Just kept saying there's nothing to see. It's way too early. Fine. Whatever lady. I'm glad everything looks good.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Loading the player...
  • No worries! What they did is normal. At my first prenatal visit my doctor gave me a kit where I have to prick my finger and drop 5 drops of blood onto the designated spots. I then had to mail it to the lab so that way when I go for my NT on Jan 8 the results will be ready. So what they did was completely normal, they just did it at the Dr.'s office rather than having you do it yourself.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"