March 2013 Moms
Options

Blown tire, need Good Samaritan cookie ideas!

So DH is working on new year's and I was all excited about coming down to visit my parents for a few days. However, I was not expecting to blow a tire before I escaping the ny metro area. Cut to me sitting on the side of the road in a slightly sketch area of queens, and near tears while trying to explain to DH who was directing traffic in manhattan that there weren't any signs other than 48th street. It was about 20 degrees in ny today, and I wasn't about to go walking around a seedy area looking for signs. Did i mention that i also have a partial previa and therefore can't lift anything ? Luckily DH was able to convince some cops from his command to come and help me out. Needless to say, there were quite a few gawkers as the cops were jacking up my car with me inside. I felt like I should have held up a sign saying "no, this is not normal. Poor, distressed pregnant lady in need!" Those poor guys went way above and beyond today, and will be handsomely rewarded with baked goods when I get back to ny. So, anyone have any good thank you cookie recipes that they'd be willing to share?
BabyFruit Ticker Follow my baby story at: http://www.nycitified.blogspot.com/

Re: Blown tire, need Good Samaritan cookie ideas!

• Options
    How sweet of them, these were a HUGE hit with family on Thanksgiving, and SUPER easy.  https://www.verybestbaking.com/mobile/detail.aspx?id=145374
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How awesome of them!! One of my favorite cookies (and totally stolen right of the bag) is an oatmeal, white chocolate chip, cranberry cookie. It's sooo yummy and very season appropriate. The recipe is on the tollhouse white chocolate chip bag:-)  Maybe you could throw some $1 lotto tickets in too. We had someone bring those in one day as part of a thank you and everyone got a kick out of it. A few people won $5-$10 too, always nice!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekmc84:
    How awesome of them!! One of my favorite cookies and totally stolen right of the bag is an oatmeal, white chocolate chip, cranberry cookie. It's sooo yummy and very season appropriate. The recipe is on the tollhouse white chocolate chip bag: nbsp;Maybe you could throw some 1 lotto tickets in too. We had someone bring those in one day as part of a thank you and everyone got a kick out of it. A few people won 510 too, always nice!

Great idea on the lotto tix! I will definitely need to get some to put in the card!
    BabyFruit Ticker Follow my baby story at: http://www.nycitified.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Look on the Oreo website and make Oreo balls, I made them for some of my hubby's nurses and big docs and they were a huge hit! And make a few extra for you, they're delish!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"