July 2012 Moms

Oh. Duh. (Nap Related)

DD got over the 30-minute nap hurdle a few weeks ago but has been stuck on the 45-minute nap hurdle. She is still yawning when she wakes up, fussy, but chills once you distract her.

I was talking to a friend with a 5-yr-old and she mentioned that she vividly remembers timing naps so that she could run in at 28 minutes (LOL!) to pat her DD's back and shush her so that she would keep napping.

Oh. Duh. Why didn't I think of that?

When DD woke up after 47 minutes (on the nose. every single time.), I went in and rocked her back to sleep. 5 minutes of rocking and she was back out and has been asleep for another hour.

WOW!

So, if you can't seem to get over a sleep-cycle hurdle, give it a shot :)

Re: Oh. Duh. (Nap Related)

• My SIL did this... But I seem to inevitably find myself mid chore just as we reach the 28 or 30 minute mark.
  • I've tried this lately as we've been battling the ever shortening nap (now usually 25-28 min) and sometimes it works but if I try to put him back down he cries so I hold him for the rest of the nap. Probably not the best habit, but we're working in survival mode right now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I JUST did this after I read your post! He went down at 2:00 and at 2:30 I heard him make a peep. I went in right away, gave him his pacifier and shhh'd him while patting his back. He's been out another 15 minutes and going! Woot!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yay, glad it helped someone else!

I love naps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"