Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

XP: Taking a break

I know I haven't been around much these past few months, but I just wanted to wish everyone good luck in the coming new year. I've decided to take a break from TB.......as well as a break from TTC. We won't be avoiding, just not actively trying. It has been an extremely emotional 15 months for me, and I just need to stop for now. I feel like my marriage is being pushed aside by this process and that is not okay with me.

I need to focus on my life as it is now - go on adventures, spend more quality time with DH, etc. I'm getting older (I'll be 34 this year, DH will be 40), and that does scare me that I may be losing time. But I'm also coming to terms with the idea that we may be childless. As sad as that is, I need to be okay with it since it is a very real possibility (neither of us want to go through IVF at any point). 

I'm sad and heartbroken, but am looking forward to growing as a person / individual as well as a family with just my husband. Our 5 years of marriage has been crazy - moving, new jobs, getting married, husband being laid off, stressed about finances, miscarriages, etc. We need "us" time. I am slightly scared that if I do get KU, I'll have another miscarriage, but we'll cross that bridge if we get there.

Take care everyone! 

Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: XP: Taking a break

• Options
    Sorry for your losses and stresses. GL in your future and marriage.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    I am so sorry Svenny. I wish you all the best, and hope that this is a really positive time for you and your DH. I think it's brave of you to have made some really hard decisions in an effort to keep your marriage solid and be good to yourself. Hoping that 2013 turns out to be a great year for you. ((HUGS))

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I hope that you have some wonderful adventures in the coming year! I will miss you- you always have the best recipe suggestions.I also love your pic of Betty Draper!

Best of luck to you and your family.

When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.
  • Options

DH and I are about a year away from where you and your DH are right now.  We had a talk after last month was a disaster and a teenage cousin showed up pregnant... Again.  Must only skanky 19 year olds be fertile?

It's so easy to let TTC become the biggest focus in your marriage and I think it's nice to take a break from it.  Enjoy being with your husband.  Who knows, maybe some of that "relaxing" everyone is always talking about will help!

imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses.  Definitely take the time to just enjoy each other.  I hope you have some great adventures and that everything works out for you. 
    Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    So sorry for all that you have been going through.  It does sound like you know what is important to you and you know what you need to do to pursue those things.  Good for you and GL in your future endevours Big Smile
    Married since 10/2011
    TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Dx: No Sperm Count

History:
    Referred to RE after SA results
    HSG, bloodwork, and U/S all good
    3 Non-Medicated IUIs + 1 Clomid IUI w/ Trigger = All BFNs

Today:
    Dr says 2 more Clomid IUIs until we move to IVF

Our Fur-baby Shelby

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    I am so sorry for your losses, and your stresses, Svenny. I hope that your break is exactly what you need. GL in the future, wherever your journey takes you!
    BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that you're having such a difficult time. Wishing you health and happiness in this new year!
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    good luck to you! i hope majorly awesome things come from this break :)
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • Options
    Good luck in whatever the future brings to you and your husband. Have a great 2013!!
    ~Allyson 6 & Ellianna 5~
    ~Team green turned Blue on 4/6/14~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"