March 2013 Moms

TMI

so I had sex yesterday, then later in the night when i wiped there was a tiny spec of red I freaked out but then looked it up and saw its normal
This morning there was a lot of thick discharge with a bit of blood

Could it be my mucus plug? Or is it just the usual aftersex business?
I have drs apt thursday so i'll bring it up there
anyone else have this happen to them?

Re: TMI

• I would definitely call the ob today to make sure everything is okay. I'm sure it's fine, but I would double check just for piece of mind. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker Follow my baby story at: http://www.nycitified.blogspot.com/
  • Sounds gross but it could just be semen and a little bit of blood is probably no big deal- if your cervix is sensitive any friction from sex could cause some light bleeding. Also, even if it is your mucus plug they can regenerate so its really nothing to be worried about. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know what the mucus plug looks like because I never noticed it last time, but on my OB 3rd tri emergency sheet they say I dont have to call if I lose my mucus plug, I think it can be lost for weeks before labor but idk.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Keep on eye on it, how has it been since you last checked (has it continued)?  The post about semen seems plausible and I don't want to freak you out but that is exactly what my mucus plug looked like with my DD.  It kept looking like that for a couple of hours and I called the dr and he told me it was up to me if I wanted to come in (I was not sure if I was contracting and was only 33 wks) - well good thing I decided to go because on the 5 min drive to the hospital my water broke!  Just keep on eye and definitely call the dr.  GL! :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EDD 10.26.15

Garrett Samuel 1.30.14
    Vanessa Ruby 2.21.13
    Joseph Michael (born into Heaven) 6.17.10
    Rae Patricia 4.14.07

• I was in a similar situation a few months ago when I was 19 weeks. I had had sex the night before and lo and behold, the next morning there was a big glob of dark brown mucus in my underwear sorry for the visual. I freaked and went to emergency since the nurse hotline advised me to go in right away. I was checked manually and everything was just fine. I was also told that you can lose bits of your mucus plug here and there and it grows back on its own. Id call your doc if you're uneasy but I think if you went to emergency like I did you'd probably just end up waiting a long time for no real reason.
  • Same thing happened to me early on in pregnancy. I called my doctors office and they told me that as long as its not bright red then it should be okay. I was on a cruise, so I had no way of being checked, but the minute we got off I went to the hospital just to get checked, and everything was fine. They said that after sex, you can sometimes bleed due to an over sensitive uterus while pregnant. It has happened again since, but sounds like it could be the same for you. 
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"