July 2013 Moms

Not gaining

I am 12weeks with twins this is my first pregnancy and am always feeling sick even with taking anti nausea and trying to adjust my diet. I can't seem to go more then 2 days without loosing a meal and have lost about 5 pounds. Any advice on what to do?

Re: Not gaining

• Even with twins, it is considered normal to lose weight during the first tri. Especially the 5 lbs you mention. Try not to stress too much about it and eat as many small meals as possible. Snack on whatever seems appetizing at the same (smoothies have been a life saver for me). Don't worry about gaining unless your doctor tells you they are concerned and in that case, your doctor should definitely be providing you with suggestions and advice! 
  • I've lost about 12 with a Singleton. A lot of women lose in the first tri. I don't know about your situation because it's twins but you have been really sick so I'm sure that's why. As long as the babes are ok and growing on track I wouldn't stress too much but if you are really concerned I would talk to your doc.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't worry about it now. If your doctor hasn't said anything to you then don't stress. You will gain eventually. A lot of your weight gain should happen in  your third trimester. 

Eat well, stay active if you can and worry about your weight dead last in the order of priorities! 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• just keep doing what you can. i lost about 10lbs in the first tri last time and went on to gain 40 :) Your dr can test your urine for something (keytones maybe?) to make sure your body's not in starvation mode or anything if you are worried, but it's normal! It will get better soon!
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yup, weight loss can definitely happen in the first tri.  My belly is getting big but I'm down 3 pounds.  It does seem weird but just do your best to get some nutrients in you and call your doctor if you are really worried.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am 11 weeks (tomorrow) with twins and I have not gained either.  I have not lost, but I have not gained.  I vomit every morning, but am able to keep meals down. 

If you are concerned, you should definitely talk to your doctor.  Eat anything that sounds good and try to keep a little something in your belly at all times to help with the nausea. 

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My cousin had twins for #5 & #6 and said she gained less overall with her twins then she did with her previous singletons.   And they came out healthy and happy!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"