Cloth Diapering

Registry Question

I am hoping to be a first time mom in July, and I am very interested in cloth diapering, although I have very little experience with them as none of my family members used them and none of my friends have children.  I was wondering, what sort of supplies and how many do you recommend putting on a registry?  Basically, I am curious about brand suggestions and how many of different supplies we'll need to get started.  How is this affected if we decide to use a diaper service?  Sorry if my questions seem a little scattered....  I am totally clueless.  
K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013

Re: Registry Question

• Supplies you' 'll need:

12 - 36 diapers depending on how often you want to wash.  2 pail liners for home use to store soiled diapers. 2-4 wet bags for the diaper bag and/or daycare. CD safe diaper rash cream or fleece liners to use with non- CD safe cream. CD safe detergent. 

Other nice to have items:

diaper sprayer, drying rack, wool dyed balls, oxygen bleach  or Bac out for stains, some place to store/organize diaps.

To learn about brands and types of diaps lurk here, read the Faq at the top, read the New to Cloth link on Kellyscloset.com, read the diaper descriptions on greenmountaindia.com and watch CD vlogs on the cloth diaper channel on YouTube.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• If you'll be using a diaper service you will still need covers to put over the prefolds as well as wetbags and probably a pail liner or do they provide that? not sure and diaper pail. You might also want cloth wipes though it'd be kinda annoying to have to wash them separately and a cd safe rash cream.

For covers I liked Thirsties duo wraps for the newborn/preOS phase if you're snappiing your prefolds you'll need about 4, otherwise if trifolding you'll need one or two more.

For pail liners and wetbags I like Planetwise and for rash cream I love plain coconut oil.

ETA: You'll also want 2 or so snappis.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for the suggestions and for the resources!  Much appreciated.  
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"