Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Crying before bedtime

Hi ladies!

So for the past month, my son cries hysterically every single night before bedtime. It usually takes a good hour for him to calm down.He gets exhausted from crying We tried feeding him, changing his diaper, gripewater, gas drops and he still cries. We used to put him down around 1030 and some people said he could be overtired. So we moved his bedtime up to 8-830. We put him down in the rock and play and he falls asleep on his own. Then 45 mins later, he wakes up hysterical.

I had my gallbladder taken out last week so the kids and i spent 4 nights at my moms so she can help me with the kids while my hubby works( I cant lift anything over 15 pounds).  The strange thing is that he did not fuss at all before he went to sleep. He still slept his RNP at my moms. Yesterday was our first night at home and of course, he went back to crying like before.

He has no issues with naps. Its always at night. Any of you ladies going through the same thing? My first son was never like this. I hope he grows out of it soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Crying before bedtime

• Options
    My LO occasionally does this at bedtime and its usually because he has a bubble in his tummy. As soon as he gets it out, he falls asleep.
    BFP #1: 2/14/11. EDD: 10/20/11. Missed m/c discovered in April at 12 weeks, d&c. BFP #2: 12/27/11. EDD: 9/9/2012.
  • Options

Do you do the same routine every night? Maybe it's just his way of letting out stimulation? Do you put him down on his belly? have you tried a bath before bedtime? GL hopefully he outgrows it soon. And the 45 min wake up is very common, it's when they enter a new sleep cycle and a lot of babies need help going back to sleep, my DD included, almost every night!

PS NICE NAME! :)

6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"