Trying to Get Pregnant

When Granny is Certifiable...

No real question here, just a funny story about my holidays!

First, let me preface with this - I love my grandmother.  She is amazing, loving, smart, funny, but she is also a nut.  The week before Christmas, I started getting calls/emails from my Granny's side of the family congratulating me on my exciting news with promises not to spoil my "surprise."  I was like, "What surprise?  There are no surprises here!" My Granny, whom I love, had told everyone that I was pregnant. WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?  Um, no.  I had to tell everyone that I was so sorry, but there was no big announcement for Christmas, and Granny must be confused.  I called and told Granny that I wasn't pregnant and to please stop telling people I was.  She replied with, "Ummmm hmmmmm, of course sweetie.  I know you want to make that announcement yourself."  Well, yes, of course I do... When I actually AM pregnant!  My mom tried to tell her that I wasn't, but Granny just didn't wouldn't believe us.  She decided that she had a feeling and just knew. 

When the Christmas party rolled around, she waited until the end then announced to everyone, "MMB has an exciting announcement!  Come on sweetie, tell them your good news!"  So, I stood up and said, "After 3 long years, DH and I are happy to announce that we have finally found a sofa.  We ordered it a few weeks ago, it should be here by the end of January!"  Granny was so mad she got up and stormed off!  Obviously, my Granny has a lot of nerve to do any of this but she proved that she has balls of steel by waiting until everyone else had left and then telling me that I had ruined her Christmas by not being pregnant and she was just so disappointed.  I apologized and told her that I'd try harder this year, but she had to back off and stop making things up just because she wanted it to be so.  She "forgave" me and said, "Maybe you'll have good news for my birthday."  Heavy sigh.  Her birthday is next Sunday.

But hey - good news!  I've got the prettiest chart I've ever had (although I'll take a pretty baby over a pretty chart any day!) and my test date is next Sunday.  So hopefully, I will be pregnant for her birthday - she'll just have to wait until the 2nd trimester like everyone else!

imageimage
Me: 33     DH: 38
TTC since August 2011
DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
November 2013:  NTNP
April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???

Re: When Granny is Certifiable...

• She actually said that you ruined her Christmas because you weren't pregnant?? Wow.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is too funny.  I hope your Granny has uberspecial ute vision and turns out to be right.
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, that's nuts. Good for you having a sense of humor about it! I would have been pissed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lol bless granny's heart !! That's Is hilarious !!
  • We're used to her doing this type of thing.  She found out one of my cousins was dating a dental hygenist and she purposely made an appointment and requested her as the hygenist so that she could talk to her.  This is why we usually hide info from her!  We just pat her on the head, bless her heart, roll our eyes and vow to never share information with her again.  She only does it because she loves us.  Or at least, that's what we tell ourselves!

imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • imagemmb248:

We're used to her doing this type of thing.  She found out one of my cousins was dating a dental hygenist and she purposely made an appointment and requested her as the hygenist so that she could talk to her.  This is why we usually hide info from her!  We just pat her on the head, bless her heart, roll our eyes and vow to never share information with her again.  She only does it because she loves us.  Or at least, that's what we tell ourselves!

That is a very good attitude.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow. I would have been incredibly angry if a family member had done this to me. You all are far more patient than I would be with her!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm glad you have such a great attitude about this because this is hilarious, your "announcement" was the best part!!! You should have whipped out some photos of the sofa :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married in May 2012
    TTC since August 2012
    BFP 3.2.13 EDD 11.11.13
    My Blog
  • Oh my, that's crazy! But I don't think I could have your great attitude about it. I'm sure I'd be mortified. :-) 
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageTrueBlue12:
    I'm glad you have such a great attitude about this because this is hilarious, your "announcement" was the best part!!! You should have whipped out some photos of the sofa :

This! I totally laughed out loud about the couch. Man sometimes it really does take 3 yrs to pick something out! That's how long it took DH and I to purchase the new mattress we just did!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Love the sofa announcement!
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Girl, I am forever in awe of your patience, good attitude & sense of humor! Excuse me while I attempt to take a page out of your book...

::rip::

::files away for later::

Married: 4/2012 ~ DS: 11/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"