Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How long will made formula last

Lo has an appt at 2:30 today.  If I make a bottle of formula now and put it in the fridge, and then put it my diaper bag before we leave, how long will the formula be good for?  Do I need to add ice packs to the bag?

Re: How long will made formula last

• imagekbruington:
    A bottle of formula can usually stay out for 1 hour (assuming it's not super hot where you are) but I would always recommend an ice pack just in case.

I'm in Boston, it's freezing here right now.  Hehehe 

• Most formulas have directions on the container saying how long it can be left out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • How about not mixing it yet. I have a munchkin formula dispenser that I fill up and then take bottles and a bottle of water with me. I rarely use the bottle water because I am always able to find warm water to make the bottle. My LO is picky about the temp of the formula.
    BFP#1- 2/27/12   EDD-11/3/12  He joined us 11/9/12!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 (Oops!)   3/24/14  EDD 11/30/14
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageminnergirl:
    How about not mixing it yet. I have a munchkin formula dispenser that I fill up and then take bottles and a bottle of water with me. I rarely use the bottle water because I am always able to find warm water to make the bottle. My LO is picky about the temp of the formula.

This. At home I always have premixed bottles in the fridge, but when we are going out, I just put enough powder in the bottle, and then bring a separate bottle with remeasured water in it. For us this works the best, since giving my LO formula that has been refrigerated and not warmed will cause her belly issues.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"