2nd Trimester
Options

4D u/s scanning

Have you guys done the 4D u/s scanning? When is the best period to do this? I want to do this and see my baby so bad now, but I heard people said should do it after 25 weeks, is that true?
Pulpit rockBabyName Ticker

Re: 4D u/s scanning

• Options

anytime after 20 weeks should be good

google different weeks and see the different images that pop up and you can see the differences in how babies look 

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    If you do an early one baby looks a bit like an alien.  After about 25 weeks the baby really lays in some heft and fat.  There is a window where you get the baby looking good AND not too smooshed into the surrounding area.  So, probably between 25-32 weeks. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I found a place that offered to do a second scan for half price so I scheduled my first appt at 22w3d with the plan of going again around 32w. However, DD was stubborn and would not show her face for anything. So I am going back at 24w5d free of charge and will make the next appt between 2830 weeks because I have an anterior placenta and the tech said that will make it more difficult the bigger she gets. If you don't have an anterior placenta and only want to go once, I would say make it for around 3032 weeks for the best chance at really developed shots.
  • Options
    my friend works at a 4D place and she said 29 weeks gives you the best image. I'm making my appt. in Feb.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

My OB does them at the A/S, so around 20 weeks.  DS's was at 18.5 weeks and he looked pretty skinny but still looked like himself- it's fun to compare his NB pics to his u/s pics.  This time around, I was 21 weeks and it was just ok- DD kept covering her face with her hand.  They were actually able to remove her hand from the pic but then it looked kinda funny because she was sucking her fingers so her chin was sorta down and her face was clearly making a sucking motion but the fingers were gone.  She just wasn't as cooperative (hope that's not a sign of what's to come lol) but still a good size/week for the u/s.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagediana.filipi:
    If you do an early one baby looks a bit like an alien.  After about 25 weeks the baby really lays in some heft and fat.  There is a window where you get the baby looking good AND not too smooshed into the surrounding area.  So, probably between 25-32 weeks. 

This.

TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"