Success after IF

6week: No heartbeat -question

I did b2b iui's - today I should be 6 weeks (from the second iui and trigger).  My hcg's have doubled (been checked 3 times).  Progesterone good.

Today at the ultrasound- there was no fetal pole, no heartbeat.  We did have a sak measuring 5weeks, 3 days (4 days behind). 

My RE made it sound like it would be a slight chance that this would progress to a healthy pregnancy. 

We are not scheduled to go back for almost 2 weeks (torture!).

Any success stories?  Anyone have anything similar?

Thank you.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers *all conceived with b2b iui's/injectibles.

Re: 6week: No heartbeat -question

• 6 weeks is actually early for a heartbeat. It can take up to 7 weeks to see it, depending on when implantation occurred.

The early ultrasound measurements are also not very accurate because they are looking at millimeters. You could have three different docs look at the same ultrasound and come up with different measurements when things are this early.

If you saw a definite gestational sac, there's no reason to give up hope. Hopefully next time you'll get to see that beautiful little flicker on the screen. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• FX it's just too early. I know it will be torture waiting. GL!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry that you have to wait two more weeks- I'm praying that you see the HB at your next u/s!

imageBabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Praying for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Hoping you get good news in 2 weeks!!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • With both pregnancies when I had an ultrasound at that point there was only a sac, no heartbeat yet and I didn't go back for two weeks. My OBs were never worried. I've heard REs are a bit more pessimistic. Fingers crossed that you'll have a great scan in 2 weeks, I really don't think your odds are as small as he made it sound.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Its still early. Like pp said measuring can be completely different from one person to the next. Are they doing any more betas or just waiting for u/s?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You give me hope.  Thank you.  (this really helps)

They are doing progesterone today and on 1/2/13.  My progesterone was fine today.  Now we wait. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers *all conceived with b2b iui's/injectibles.
  • with my ds, at 5wks 5days we only saw a sac and a yolk sac.  2 wks later there was a hb.  gl!!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Fingers crossed for you!

TTC #1 since 8/09, Dx MFI 4/10
    IUI #1: 6/10 = Cancelled, IUI #2: 7/10 = Cancelled, IVF #1: 9/10 = BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 6/14/11

TTC #2
    IVF #2 - Oct/Nov 2012: 11/5 - eSET - 7 Frosties - BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 7/17/13 

TTC #3
    FET #1 6/21/18

• My history is in my siggie but we didn't see a measurable heartbeat until after 8 weeks.  I now have a very healthy active 9 month old. :)

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I went in at 6w5d with heavy bleeding (ended up being a subchorionic hemorrhage) and was measuring five days behind at 6w.  They did not find a HB (this was with the RE who owns the practice).  He was very grave, gave us very little hope and sent me home to rest until I came back the very next day for a follow up with my regular RE who I had already been scheduled with and we got a HB of 118.  So FX that you just went in too early!
     TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know exactly what a nightmare you're going through and I hope you have the same happy outcome I did.  My RE told me it was over and to forget the pregnancy (of my daughter).  I did IVF so we knew exactly what size she should have been.  Here's what happened

5 weeks - only a sac
    6 weeks, 4 days, no heartbeat and I measured 5 days behind
            That was the point when she told me to go for a confirmation ultrasound & then to schedule a D & C.

I went for that confirmation (called a non-viability ultrasound) at 7 weeks, 5 days and the tech said "what are you talking about -there's the baby and the heartbeat".  You've never seen anyone cry so hard from shock and happiness. 

My daughter measured behind the entire pregnancy. My daughter is now 2 1/2 years old and happy and healthy (though once again behind in size- only in the 15th percentile for weight). 

That waiting period was torture but I kept telling myself "it ain't over til it's over.  Today I am pregnant and I love my baby.  I can't control what happens tomorrow but today I am pregnant."  I said that over and over and over.  I learned that doctors are smart, and helpful but sometimes babies have their own ideas and throw the rules out the window!   Repeat after me..."today I am pregnant!"

Edit- I wanted to add that we called my RE "Dr. Downer".  I don't know why they are so pessimistic as a group but mine made me cry so many times that I said I wasn't going back to her regardless of the outcome!

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• At 6 weeks, my RE said there would only be a 50/50 chance at a heart beat.  I don't know about the fetal pole issue.

I do, however, know that when I used to post on the boards on fertility friend, there was a lady who at about 7-7.5 weeks was told the pregnancy wasn't viable (no HB) , she refused a D&C, came back a week later and there was a little heart beating away. 

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • I am sorry, that's so disheartening! But I agree 6w is early for a hb and it sounds like your little one just took off a bit slow. I would have hope!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"