Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Threatened miscarriage the wait..

On December 10th I found out I was pregnant through a blood test. Very newly pregnant. Only maybe 3 weeks pregnant. I had a Sonogram that Thursday. Even though you couldn't see anything, the doctor told me that everything looked good and in two weeks we should see the sack. Had blood work done again in my pregnancy hormone levels were good. Scheduled a sonogram for two weeks from then which would make me 5 to 6 weeks pregnant. This past Thursday I had a sonogram saw the gestational sack and everything was perfect. Mentioned I had some old blood starting on Wednesday and that it had switched to red. He said with how good my sonogram looked everything should be fine but we were going to check my levels through bloodwork again on Monday. Friday night around 1 o'clock in the morning I got up and had my husband take me to the ER with the bleeding and cramping that I had. Not anything more than a regular period. But some small clots. When I got to the ER the doctor said my cervix was still closed in my HCG levels were still at 600 and diagnosed me with a threatened miscarriage. I'm still bleeding like a regular. Nothing heavy or abnormal and I go for blood work tomorrow. I've read that people still have this and still have healthy pregnancies I'm hoping this one is it for me since this is mine and my husband's first child and we just told the family on Friday. Any insight would help me

Re: Threatened miscarriage the wait..

• Options

Hi Alf:

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I know it can be emotional and scary. 

You won't get many success stories here since this is a board for women who are going through miscarriages or are mourning losses.

You may find success stories with scenarios like yours on the 1st trimester board.

I know you are looking for hope, but I suspect you would also like accurate information too.

If your 1st positive test was on Dec 10, then Hcg levels would be much much higher than 600 at this point. If you saw something in the uterus last week, then it is highly likely that your hcg was higher than 600 at that point, too.--which means your hcg would be on its way back down now. I am really sorry.

((Hugs)). I recommend posting on 1st trimester board for success stories following early bleeding. 

Married 4/12/08 DS born 11/17/2009 via c-section at 39 weeks. 11/12/2011 BFP #2!! m/c 7w5d. 2/28/2012 BFP #3 Beta #1-12dpo = 18; Beta #2-16dpo = 185; Beta #3-18dpo = 505. EDD 11/10/2012. Ectopic discovered at 5w4d. D&C followed by methotrexate.
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope there is good news. I know its scary I just had my US on Friday and found out I am going through my 2nd nd back to back. It is very hard but for me it helps knowing we can try again. Good luck
    TTC since June 2012 BFP #1 7/1/2012 EDD 3/4/2013 M/C on 7/18/2012 @ 7w4d baby #2 EDD 7/29/2012 M/C on 12/28/2012@ 9w4d Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well it was only 11 when I had the positive blood test.
  • Options

imagealf12:
    Well it was only 11 when I had the positive blood test.

Yes. On December 10. And you have already seen a gestational sac suggesting your hcg has at some point was likely over 1000. 

I am keeping you in my thoughts and hope your case is an anomaly!

I recommend that you start a thread over on 1st trimester where there are pregnant women, some of whom have had early bleeding and visits to the ER and are still pregnant and may have some hopeful stories to share. The majority of the women here are looking for support as they endure or recover from miscarriage. 

I hope this is your take home baby. If not, this board is a group of very supportive women. I hope you won't have to come back here, but if you do, there will be women who understand what you are going through.

((hugs)) Wishing you the best at your blood draw tomorrow.

Married 4/12/08 DS born 11/17/2009 via c-section at 39 weeks. 11/12/2011 BFP #2!! m/c 7w5d. 2/28/2012 BFP #3 Beta #1-12dpo = 18; Beta #2-16dpo = 185; Beta #3-18dpo = 505. EDD 11/10/2012. Ectopic discovered at 5w4d. D&C followed by methotrexate.
  • Options
    Thank you so much. And I did... This isn't my first scenario. I miscarried 6 years ago but it wasn't like this at all. Just not ready for this to happen.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this! I know how scary the wait is before you see your dr and my hopes and prayers are with you and DH! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you. Sitting home waiting for my bloodwork results.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"