Baby Showers

What to do? Need some advice (long)...

I'm in charge of ordering and creating the invitations. I asked the MTB where she wanted to be registered at. She told me the three chain stores she was planning on registering. A few days before I was to order them, she told me to only include the two main stores instead. So, I removed the third store and ordered the invitations accordingly. A week and a half later, she sends me a text asking if I included the third store in the invitation. WTH?!?! I told her no, due to her request to not include it. She thought she told me...she says. Well, she didn't! She said it was no big deal....but I know her well enough that she doesn't really mean that.

A few days later, I got the printed invitations in the mail (minus the third store inclusion). I looked at that particular registry online, and it has the bulk of her items listed, so I don't want to completley ignore it. I was thinking of adding a nicely created strip of paper stating the additional store she is registered at. I would just include it inside, along with the invite. Is that too tacky? I'm really on a time crunch, so reordering isn't an option...time-wise or financially.

Re: What to do? Need some advice (long)...

• Most stores have a little card that you can get that has all the MTB info on it. Look into that but I don't see a problem with including an additional note that has the third store on it. Especially since most of the gifts are on that registry. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • not sure about actual etiquette here, but if i were receiving the invitation, i would just assume it was a last minute addition and not think too much of it. 
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • Loading the player...
  • It's already tacky to have included any registry information - it's telling people where you have pre-selected your preferred gifts.  Anyone who wants to know will ask when they RSVP.  It literally takes 10 seconds to ask or 30 to find it online.
  • imageRoxyLynn:
    It's already tacky to have included any registry information it's telling people where you have preselected your preferred gifts.nbsp; Anyone who wants to know will ask when they RSVP.nbsp; It literally takes 10 seconds to ask or 30 to find it online.

This would be true for a wedding or birthday invitation but for a SHOWER which is given with the intentions of being showered with gifts....I have to disagree and say it's completely appropriate to include the info. Just add it in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageRoxyLynn:
    It's already tacky to have included any registry information - it's telling people where you have pre-selected your preferred gifts.  Anyone who wants to know will ask when they RSVP.  It literally takes 10 seconds to ask or 30 to find it online.

I disagree, for a shower I prefer to have the registry information.  I am going to the shower with the intention of buying a gift for the MTB and it makes my job easier, as a guest, to have the information included.  Lots of times, I am a last minute shopper and if I don't know where the MTB is registered I won't ask and end up getting clothes or something I think is cute.  On a formal wedding invitation, then yes its tacky, on a baby shower invitation I think most people have come to expect it anymore.

• I would include it- either print it up on a slip of paper or pick up some of the pre-printed ones from the store.  If I were a guest and saw 2 registries on the invitation, I wouldn't go looking for another registry on my own and would end up missing the store where most of her stuff was.
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJordynLeighx3:
    imageRoxyLynn:
    It's already tacky to have included any registry information it's telling people where you have preselected your preferred gifts.nbsp; Anyone who wants to know will ask when they RSVP.nbsp; It literally takes 10 seconds to ask or 30 to find it online.
    This would be true for a wedding or birthday invitation but for a SHOWER which is given with the intentions of being showered with gifts....I have to disagree and say it's completely appropriate to include the info. Just add it in.

Yes, I agree with this.  The purpose of the shower is to give the MTB/BTB what she wants - you aren't mandated to buy off a registry but it's fine to give the information.  Just add it in, anyone who bats an eye at it is annoying.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRoxyLynn:
    It's already tacky to have included any registry information - it's telling people where you have pre-selected your preferred gifts.  Anyone who wants to know will ask when they RSVP.  It literally takes 10 seconds to ask or 30 to find it online.

How is this response helpful?  Guests are not going to ask or look for a 3rd registry location.  Personally if the info is not on the invite I will not look for it either (it actually does take longer than 30 seconds).  I have only actually gotten to speak to a person maybe 3-4 times in about 30 showers I've been invited to.  Usually I have to just leave my RSVP as a message or email it.

To the OP:  I would include a slip of paper (cut and paste) on the invite if there is room.  Too bad you found out last minute that she really DID want that store included and that the bulk of her items at there.

• imagerhubarb123:

imageRoxyLynn:

How is this response helpful?  Guests are not going to ask or look for a 3rd registry location.  Personally if the info is not on the invite I will not look for it either (it actually does take longer than 30 seconds).  I have only actually gotten to speak to a person maybe 3-4 times in about 30 showers I've been invited to.  Usually I have to just leave my RSVP as a message or email it.

To the OP:  I would include a slip of paper (cut and paste) on the invite if there is room.  Too bad you found out last minute that she really DID want that store included and that the bulk of her items at there.

This. It's not tacky and simply include a slip of paper with the invite.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • They've covered it, but I'll say, you're a saint for putting up with pregzilla. 
    "I don't want it on there"  "Oh wait, you didn't put it on there? I wanted it on there!"
    :whistles:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"