January 2012 Moms

Switching to just a sippy cup....

....during the day. Getting ready for my lil guy to turn the big n?mero UNO!! Starting the transition of adding a little WCM with his formula in the sippy cups(pedi said its okay). Some days are good, some days not so good. I still let him have a bottle at night, but with only formula in it. 

Just curious what other moms are doing or what has worked for you ladies? FTM here :)  

Re: Switching to just a sippy cup....

• We at first went to a bottle of formula in the morning and at night and just sippy cups of WCM and water during the day. We did that for a week, then last weekend stopped both of those cold turkey. Now DD gets only water or WCM during the day and no bottles at all. She gets breakfast, a morning snack, lunch, an afternoon snack, then dinner.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Fwiw, DD wanted nothing to do with formula in a sippy cup. As in, she would throw the cup. But she's had no problem drinking WCM from a cup.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • We started practicing with sippy cups a few weeks ago and DD has been good with them. Last week we took the bottle away (she got one before nap and bed time) and that didn't go over so well... So we brought them back... :/
    Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We just stopped ebf last week so we actually transitioned to a bottle and pacifier about 6 weeks ago. Dr said it was ok to start introducing WCM cut with water then. Then last week after dropping to bf one once in the AM my milk supply really decreased. I had planned to go until this week when ds turned one but it didn't work out. Not a big over one week. I have also introduced a sippy cup with water around lunch time. I thought about skipping the bottle all together but I figured it would be an easier transition for ds to go from boob to bottle.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• A few weeks ago we introduced cow's milk.  I dropped a bottle and went straight to milk in a sippy.  We're at 2-3 cups of milk a day with 2 bottles of formula (one first thing in the morning, one at night).  Tomorrow will be the last day for bottles since it's our last can of formula.  I'm irrationally sad about this.  He takes the sippy just fine, and I still cuddle him with it just like a bottle.

Oh, and I'm nursing morning and night still.  I go back to work this week so we transitioned to that the past few weeks as well.  I will continue to nurse him since he's on 2% lactose free milk.  I can't find any whole lactose free milk, so I'll just nurse him for a while still.  My doctor is fine with that plan.

So yeah, the past three weeks it has been nurse in the morning, then formula, then milk during the day, then nurse and formula at night.  Phew.   My supply was never enough to ebf.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD started taking sippy cups with WCM about 4 weeks or more ago. She can, also, drink from a straw. She actually never took a bottle. Last week, we dropped our first nursing session. So now she nurses 4 times a day. We'll probably drop a nurse once a week depending on how she handles it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LO was fine and dandy the first day of WCM in the sippy and just bottles at night. Here it is Monday and he is totally boycotting EVERY sippy and is pretty crabby about not winning this battle. Should I hold off, or stay on it. He had a morning bottle at 4am, but no sippy at breakfast, snack, or nap?! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"