Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Fever 2 weeks post partum?

I've had a fever for the past two days and of course my dr's office is closed until Wednesday.  I called the on call nurse and she basically said maybe I have a virus and if my fever gets higher and continues to go to a urgent care place.  I don't really have any other symptoms just being really tired.  Maybe it's mastitis?  Or stitches infected?  

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had anything similar after giving birth?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fever 2 weeks post partum?

• Options

I'm also two weeks postpartum and I've had a fever that goes up and down. I feel completely fine (just tired, but I believe it's from pumping every two hours day and night)! I called my nurse as well and she did mention that it could be some type of breast infection. I have an appt. first thing Wednesday.

So we're in the same boat! Try not to worry! 

And also, I've been taking the Ibuprofen they gave me, I believe that's been helping with my fever. Ask your on call if there's anything you can take to reduce it.

• Options
    I had a fever in the week following DS1 birth and it ended up being a kidney infection.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a low grade fever the first few weeks PP too and the dr just said to watch it and if it ever went over a certain number to come in. I never had any other real symptoms and eventually it went away. I think it's just your body catching up after what it went thru!! Keep an eye on it and feel better soon!
  • Options

imageFutureMrsBB:
    I had a fever in the week following DS1 birth and it ended up being a kidney infection.

I had a kidney infection as well.  OP, please make a doctor's appointment if you have a fever, the longer you let it go, the worse any possible infection becomes. My kidney infection started as a UTI that I was on antibiotics for, but it had spread to my bladder pre-doc's appt for the UTI, and they put me on an antibiotic that only treated UTIs and nothing higher up, and then a week later I developed a fever, went to the ER and now I've had to see an internist 3 times for treatment.    

EDIT: And I don't mean to sound like a hypochondriac, I'd just hate to see the same thing happen to you that happened to me.  In this case, I'd errr on the side of caution and get a doc's appt and see if they think it's necessary to do a UA.  Just me though. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageArmyWife114:

imageFutureMrsBB:

I had a kidney infection as well.  OP, please make a doctor's appointment if you have a fever, the longer you let it go, the worse any possible infection becomes. My kidney infection started as a UTI that I was on antibiotics for, but it had spread to my bladder pre-doc's appt for the UTI, and they put me on an antibiotic that only treated UTIs and nothing higher up, and then a week later I developed a fever, went to the ER and now I've had to see an internist 3 times for treatment.    

EDIT: And I don't mean to sound like a hypochondriac, I'd just hate to see the same thing happen to you that happened to me.  In this case, I'd errr on the side of caution and get a doc's appt and see if they think it's necessary to do a UA.  Just me though. 

I actually did end up going to the ER (because of the holiday and not being able to see my dr for several days and my fever was 104)  and it also ended up being a kidney infection.  I'm glad I did end up going in. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"