April 2013 Moms
Options

To-Dos, anyone?

Anyone started their list of to-dos before baby arrives? I decided to start mine this morning, and I know it will grow. But I have to write it down so I know it will get done. Here's what I have so far:

Nursery (duh), make padsicles, breastfeeding kit (for me, near my chair), clean out a cabinet for baby stuff (in the kitchen), organize medicine cabinet, pack hospital bags, pick out baby's first photo and coming home outfits, props for newborn pics (planning to take my own with my fancy camera that DH swears I never use), meals in freezer, keep house as clean as possible.

Curious to what y'all are needing to get done, in case I need to add that to it, lol. 

photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: To-Dos, anyone?

• Options

Nursery (including cleaning it out, furnishing, fixing closet door - and deciding if we want to re-do the closet for baby sizes and new bedroom door)

new closet door for linen ccloset

fresh coat of paint on upper level of house.    

And I am going to add freezer meals! 

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't forget to take advantage of the quiet and last selfish time you have left!  Enjoy time with your SO, friends and on your own. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The most important thing on my to-do list is

Find a place to live.
    Our lease is up in march and I want a 2 bedroom apartment.
  • Options
    My to do list right now is find a pediatrician and a nanny or day care. Other than that I think i'm good to go.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Options

imagemrhargr:
    What are padsicles?

You take a regular maxi pad and rub aloe vera gel and witch hazel on them, freeze them, and wear them down there after a vaginal delivery. 

• Options
    I've been cleaning baseboards and walls today.... 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagerandimarie86:

imagemrhargr:
    What are padsicles?

You take a regular maxi pad and rub aloe vera gel and witch hazel on them, freeze them, and wear them down there after a vaginal delivery. 

So awesome! Totally going to do this.
  • Options

Pack hospital bag

Clean out my bedroom closet and do a trip to goodwill

Find pediatrician

Register with hospital

Walking / prenatal yoga  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

"You take a regular maxi pad and rub aloe vera gel and witch hazel on them, freeze them, and wear them down there after a vaginal delivery."

Wouldn't that make them less absorbent? It sounds like it would feel much nicer, but wouldn't you leak blood and stuff everywhere?

Edited because I forgot to quote. I was trying to quote randimarie! Sorry! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imagejeborer:

"You take a regular maxi pad and rub aloe vera gel and witch hazel on them, freeze them, and wear them down there after a vaginal delivery."

Wouldn't that make them less absorbent? It sounds like it would feel much nicer, but wouldn't you leak blood and stuff everywhere?

I don't think they're meant to be worn all day, just to provide some quick relief a few times a day.  

• Options
    imagerandimarie86:
    imagejeborer:

I don't think they're meant to be worn all day, just to provide some quick relief a few times a day.  

Yeah they are not for absorbing blood, just to help your swollen lady parts.  The hospital I delivered DS at packed ice in to a newborn diaper and gave that to moms for after delivery to put in your underwear.  It actually worked pretty well.

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• Options
    We have pretty much everything left to do.  Hoping to get a lot done in the next 2 weeks while hubby is still off from school.
    Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• Options

We have already:
    Painted
    Hung Curtains
    Assembled Furniture
    Ordered rest of large/deco items for nursery
    Registered on BRU
    Registered for L&D classes (2)
    Registered for Hospital Tour
    Registered at Hospital

Need to Do:
    Pack hospital bag, pick up a few things for this (food/medication)
    Register for a Baby Care/CPR class
    Prep Freezer meals (early Feb, making my list now)
    Install car seat(s), put together pack and play etc.
    Buy a new car
    Get my mother moved in, finish prepping her room
    Rearrange 3 closets
    Decide on shower date
    Finish up talking to work about maternity leave and all that entails

Can you tell I was working on my list this weekend? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"