August 2012 Moms
Options

Cereal

Who has tried cereal? And how old was your lo when you tried it. Our doctor said we could try around 5 months. Griffin will be 5 months January 15th. I think he is ready. He holds his head up really well and is very alert. I am thinking of trying next weekend so he would be about 10 days shy of 5 months. Is this too early?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cereal

• Options
    We tried the cereal with LO but she didn't care for it.   She likes the real food though.   Our pedi said if she had good head control, supported sitting, opens her mouth for the spoon and shows interest in our food then she is fine.   She also said that she was trained to have LO introduced at 4 months but the APA now recommends 6 months.   We told her we started and she said that was fine.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I started at 4mo with my older two kiddos but they were bf/ff.  E is ebf so I'm waiting until after 6mo this time and may go straight to sweet veggies first.

A few days won't make a difference if you think he's ready.  Have fun!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just started this weekend (because he showed everything pp said)and he seems fine during, but has been awfully fussy- not normal for him. Our pedi said not to move on to other solids for a month or two. Should we stop the oatmeal and try again in a few weeks? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We started at 4 months. All pedis are different but mine said since she is tiny for her age (only about 10 lbs) but is very strong and has great head control, she wanted her to start on solids to see if that helped her gain weight. She loooves cereal and has since had applesauce, peas, and pears.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think it all depends on your baby. We started Avery on bananas a few days shy of five months, and just tried oatmeal with her yesterday. Before starting any solids, I tried some spoonfuls of breastmilk to see how she took to the spoon (if she pushed it back out or swallowed it). She chomped down on the spoon and kept opening her mouth and lunging forward for more, so that was a good sign to me she was ready. Also, she had started chewing her spit while I ate (copying me) and has been able to sit in her chair and hold her head up for awhile so I knew it was time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby #2
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I started it I. The bottle at almost 3 months and then started spoon feeding a little after 4 months. They still make a face sometimes at things but I think it's the texture more than anything.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Like pp-ers have said, every baby and every pedi is different. We were going to wait until 6 mo to introduce solids, but Cam was starting to want to nurse every hour. At our 4 mo appt, the pedi suggested we start some solids since it seemed like she was ready for it. She has loved anything we have tried. 

10 days isn't going to make or break it. You can always try it and if it doesn't go well, try again in a week or so. GL! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic C 5.14.08 c 8.9.12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"