Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Baby still not rolling

My baby will be 6 months tomorrow and she has rolled twice. Belly to back once and back to belly once and that is it. I am worried. Do I have a reason to be worried?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby still not rolling

• I don't think so.  DD has rolled belly to back less than 10 times and many of those were mostly because I got her to look up hight above her so she kind of fell over onto her back... :)

She is so close to rolling back to tummy.  She got all the way over today but couldn't get her arm out from under her.

I told the doctor all this at her six month last week.  He said it sounds like she is right where she needs to be.  Just make sure she is getting lots of time on her belly.  She will get there.  When she is 30, no one will care how many months she was when she rolled over.  

• Thank you for your comment! I appreciate it. It helped me to relax a little. We go in for her 6 month next week and I have been worried what the Dr will say.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • i was freaking out a little bit when my LO wasn't rolling over at 6 months too... but he finally started... he doesn't do it a lot and I usually have to motivate him to do it... he is not much of a mover but he can roll! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are in the same boat! DS is sitting by himself so at least there's that. I like pp's comment about these milestones being less meaningful in 30 yrs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS has been rolling back to front for at least a month now, but he would get on his belly and get MAD! Occasionally he would flip himself back over, but mostly he would be consumed with how mad he was and forget to try to flip. Finally in the past few days he'll *** one him up, turn his upper body, lay on his side for a minute, then roll the rest of the way over like it's just NBD. It was like overnight he just figured it out.

• This thread makes me feel better. DS has never rolled in his life :P He's plenty on track in every other respect, just not much of a wiggler

Nevermind me, I'm too distracted by my mini-carrots to think properly image
    ~Fitness Blog~
  • DS just turned 6 months on the 26th and while he has rolled back to belly a couple times and belly to back once, he has NO interest in doing it and HATES being on his tummy period. I'm hoping it's not a problem.
    Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

• My little guy hasn't rolled much either. As long as your little one's making progress in other areas, I wouldn't worry.
  • I don't know why but I was s uper freaked out about the not rolling thing w/ mine.  My LO rolled belly to back somewhere around 6 months but waited till almost 7 1/2 months to go the other way.....
    I swear he didn't start doing all these things till I stopped caring if he did :) It is stressful to read about milestones so I just wouldn't :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"