Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Sitting in bed

So the past couple of weeks in the morning DS is sitting up in his crib when he wakes up.  He is fine but now when I put him in for a nap he cries and then sits up so he won't sleeping sitting up.  It has made naps difficult plus my mom now says I should lower the crib.  Has anyone lowered their crib yet?  I am concerned for his safety but I am also just wondering how I will put him in there gently it is so hard for me to bend over the railing lol!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sitting in bed

• The day LO started sitting up in his crib was the same day DC reported he also pulled himself up in his crib. Lowered the crib that night. LO was about 6.5 months at the time as well. We didn't want to take any chances as a friend's kid climbed out of his crib and fell and broke his collar bone!

You can use a step stool to help lean over the crib to lower your LO. Also if you're putting LO in bed awake, it shouldn't be too much a problem unless you're dropping LO into the crib. 

• DH never bothered to raise the crib after we had lowered it when DD was in it, so DS has always gone down on the lowest level.  For naps I put him in asleep, if he starts to fuss I jiggle his but a bit and he goes to sleep.  At night I give him a bottle and he goes down, sometimes he cries for a bit, but he never sits up, if he did I'd just let him cry it out a bit.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • Loading the player...
  • We are going through this too! I think we'll lower it when he actually starts to pull himself up. I'm only 5'2" so it's already tough!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Definitely lower the crib ASAP. My little guy was just starting to pull up and terrified me when I found him standing up practically leaning over the rail in the middle of the night.

BabyFruit Ticker
    image imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, it's time to lower the crip :)  Mine went from sitting to pulling up in under a week.  Very soon you will be coming into your LOs room and see him standing there, grasping the bars for a greeting :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"