December 2011 Moms

Feel like I will never STTN :[

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Feel like I will never STTN :[

• You are not the only one! DS2 still is up two times on the average night. We had done CIO before but then teething through that off, and then we planned on weaning after christmas but that is now on hold because he has a terrible cold, ear infection and now a diaper rash from the medication for the ear infection. SOO looks like we are going to keep going until things clear up. It does feel like forever though, but don't worry I felt like it was never going to happen with DS1 and now he basically puts himself to bed and stays there until we get up to get ready for work. It goes by so fast. I always remind myself as I am dragging through the day that this time won't last and try to enjoy those midnight cuddles because very soon they need us less and less.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO won't sleep through the night either.  My doctor pretty much said its my own fault and I need to stop with the night time feedings.  'Course I have the problem of she usually needs to nurse in order to go to sleep.  So, when she wakes up during the night, she won't just fall back  to sleep on her own, she needs to nurse!   I need to break this habit, but its going to be so hard!! I hate it when she cries...and i'm always so tired, I want to do whatever it takes to make her go back to sleep!

~*Kimberly*~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto. Good nights last until 5am without nursing. Typical nights include brief pleas for nursing at 3 and 4. I no longer nurse before 5.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My fingers are crossed that tonight is the night for us! Up until Christmas Eve, we were co-sleeping, and she'd wake up to nurse every night at 11:30, 3, 4:30, and 6am. Sometimes it took 2 minutes to get her back to sleep; sometimes it took 30. We were at the point where nursing didn't always work and one of us was having to get up and walk around with her. That was the final straw. 

December 26th, we started the Sleep Lady Shuffle. My husband sat next to her in her crib for nearly 3 hours while she cried and cried until she finally went to sleep. When she woke up at 2am, I took that shift for an hour. Rinse, wash, repeat. 

Today (December 28th) I just put her down at 8:08 and she's already asleep! Last night she woke up only twice and just whimpered for a little less than 5 minutes each time (we decided we're going to wait that long before going in there). 

So hopefully tonight I will have my first full night of sleep in over a year... 

• The other night E was up every hour for the first 3 hours after bed time, then asleep a couple hours and then in our bed. Then last night he slept 3 hours, nursed back to sleep, slept 2 hours and was then in our bed. Lately I've given up even trying to put him back in his crib after a certain point because he wakes up every time I try to put him back down, even after an hour or more....
        image  image

• You are not alone. 

DH has been holding DS in the recliner from about midnight to 7 am for the last 5 nights, because he won't sleep in his crib! I think it's the teeth he's getting or maybe my parents who are visiting right now and stay with us. He is impossible to get down at night and has been refusing his second nap, too. Today he was awake for 8 1/2 hours before he went to bed for the night and then woke up after 20 minutes again. I'm just back from holding him and he is currently in his crib.

I really hope that we will all look back like asyph and say it was a tought ime, but didn't last forever! Hugs to all of you!  

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Mine has never STTN. 

It's gotten better though. CIO is finally working to some extent. She goes to bed around 8 and she's always up between 4:15 and 5:15 wanting a bottle. I figure after 8-9 hours it's reasonable to be hungry so I feed her. She goes back to sleep until 7.

I wish I could cut out this wake up but I dont know if it will be going away despite any CIO efforts 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • DS finally dropped his night feeding at 11 months but now this week has started getting up at least once a night again.  I have NO idea what to do.  I always end up nursing because it is the fastest way to get him back down. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"