December 2011 Moms

Milk Allergy

Any babies with milk allergies? What were their symptoms?

Re: Milk Allergy

• I'm trying to piece the puzzle together with DS whether or not he's just intollerant or if we're dealing with a full fledged allergy.  So far any time he has WCM or 2% in any concentration with his sensitive formula in a bottle he breaks out into a beyond nasty diaper rash and fussier than fussy... 

Everyone is telling me to hold off trying some Lactaid with him but we'll see what the newbie ped says on tomorrow (they refused to check DS in for his appointment last week)...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes!

H's eczema flairs like CRAZY on her torso - her mouth/cheeks breaks out in an awful rash and she gets a horrid diaper rash! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS had his 12mo visit today...  The Ped wants us to give him Almond Milk and then go to the allergist for testing on the food allergy spectrum to make sure it's just an intolerance instead of a full blown allergy because of the obvious on the allergy spectrum...  If it's just an intolerance there are a lot more options but if it's an allergy there are other issues to attend to...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD had an eczema flare up and got a nasty diaper rash when we switched to WCM. My pedi who I love is not convinced it is a dairy intolerance as she didnt seem to have issues when i was eating dairy and breastfeeding. I disagree and plan to get another opinion. It's the only time I have disagreed with him but there has to be an explanation. We are going to try almond milk until we can see another dr.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is EXACTLY to a T how we feel. Holleigh has the same "symptoms" and her doctor (whom we also love) thinks its a fluke basically and that it's nothing. I am not a milk fan but when I was pregnant I "craved" milk.

In my gut I feel like WCM isnt a good idea - I am not willing to risk it after our "attempt" last time ... that diaper rash took FOREVER to subside and her eczema was out of control!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"