Pregnant after a Loss

Portable Ultrasound

Does anyone else's doc use this? It was the first time I had seen it, and it was kind of cool. It was roughly the size of a tablet, and it was just the screen with the wand. DH immediately said, "We should buy that!" I had to tell him, NO crazycakes, we are not bringing home a portable ultrasound machine. But it was pretty cool to use in the office. Seems like it's being used as a substitute for the doppler once in a while. The one that was used looked sorta like this, but not exactly: 

The doc just walked over to the exam table with it, and DH held up the screen while she used the wand on my stomach. The picture didn't look as high resolution and great as the regular machine, but there was baby, clear as day, wiggling around. 

Re: Portable Ultrasound

• My doctor has one that looks like a tablet. Unfortunately, he unwisely tried using it on me at 7 weeks and then thought I had a blighted ovum as he could only see "pregnancy". Long story short, we have been unwilling to try it again though, if I can convince DH, I might go for it next appointment when I'm 21 weeks.
    BFP#1 11/25/11 EDD 08/09/12 MMC 01/30/12 D&C 02/01/12
    BFP#2 09/11/12 beta1=72 @13dpo beta2=160 @14dpo beta3=over 6000 @24dpo U/S @7w2dd hb=146bpm U/S @8w5d hb=159bpm U/S @12w hb=164bpm
    EDD 05/20/13
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Now that's pretty awesome. My doctors aren't that high-tech yet!
    photo AlbumsWideColorBump_zps1797df63.jpg

We lost our first (EDD 07/23/12) after finding out at 12 weeks there was no longer a heartbeat. Our rainbow was born 05/22/13 and was worth all we went through.

“So can you understand? Why I want a daughter while I’m still young? I wanna hold her hand and show her some beauty before all this damage is done. But if it’s too much to ask, it’s too much to ask … Then send me a son.” – Arcade Fire
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAudUy:
    My doctor has one that looks like a tablet. Unfortunately, he unwisely tried using it on me at 7 weeks and then thought I had a blighted ovum as he could only see "pregnancy". Long story short, we have been unwilling to try it again though, if I can convince DH, I might go for it next appointment when I'm 21 weeks.

My doc won't use it that early. I said, "Wow! I've never seen that thing before!" and the doc I saw said, "We wouldn't have used it on you early in the pregnancy. We use the regular ultrasound then, this is just for monthly appointments after you're out of the first trimester." Apparently they don't always use it either, and sometimes just use the doppler.  

• My doc used one around 12 weeks since the Doppler wouldn't work. I looked up the cost and it was like 3k
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMom of two 2012:
    My doc used one around 12 weeks since the Doppler wouldn't work. I looked up the cost and it was like 3k

I'm sure if you looked at my husband's Google history he's already researched it. LOL 

• That is crazy cool.  My first thought was that I want one too! I think your husband's in good company.
    Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My dr just told me about one that you can like plug into your tablet or phone and use that one!  Of course the technology is in the wand so it's pretty expensive, but mostly for medical professionals.  I'd be all over that if I could affrod it!!

<3<3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3<3

• imageGraceInCA:

imageAudUy:
    My doctor has one that looks like a tablet. Unfortunately, he unwisely tried using it on me at 7 weeks and then thought I had a blighted ovum as he could only see "pregnancy". Long story short, we have been unwilling to try it again though, if I can convince DH, I might go for it next appointment when I'm 21 weeks.

My doc won't use it that early. I said, "Wow! I've never seen that thing before!" and the doc I saw said, "We wouldn't have used it on you early in the pregnancy. We use the regular ultrasound then, this is just for monthly appointments after you're out of the first trimester." Apparently they don't always use it either, and sometimes just use the doppler.  

To give my doctor the benefit of the doubt I will say that it is probably new to him and he didn't realize the limitations. I would be okay to try it again (though DH is not on the same page) it's just that it gave us such a scare last time I'm sure I'd have a bit of a flashback once I saw it again. It definitely is amazing that they can put such incredible technology in such a small piece of equipment. 

BFP#1 11/25/11 EDD 08/09/12 MMC 01/30/12 D&C 02/01/12
    BFP#2 09/11/12 beta1=72 @13dpo beta2=160 @14dpo beta3=over 6000 @24dpo U/S @7w2dd hb=146bpm U/S @8w5d hb=159bpm U/S @12w hb=164bpm
    EDD 05/20/13
    My Ovulation Chart
  • My doctor has a portable u/s, but it's still on a small cart. I didn't look closely, but it may have been something similar to this, just with a cart to hold up the monitor and all the different wand attachments. It was very small, though. 
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"