Cloth Diapering
Options

Sunning to remove stains.

Hello ladies, I am new to cloth diapering and have a few that are stained. I've heard if you put them outside in the sun it will take the stains out. But I have a few questions.

Can you still sun them if it's cold out?
How long do you leave them out?

Also if you have anyother advice for getting stains out I would greatly appreciate them. TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sunning to remove stains.

• Options
    You can still sun in the cold, though I think the warm is definitely more effective. I try to leave mine out for as long as possible. 

I add a half cup of bleach to my diaper laundry every two weeks to disinfect and it helps with stains as well. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I live in Canada and so far it's depended on the time of year, not necessairly the temperature. Cooler days in early fall sunned out just like on a hot day in summer, but late fall and winter so far didn't fully sun out in one sitting because the sun itself is less intense.

Honestly, I'm just ignoring stains for the most part now since they don't effect the use of the dipes, and plan to sun the heck out of them once the sun is stronger again.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelittleredfish:

I live in Canada and so far it's depended on the time of year, not necessairly the temperature. Cooler days in early fall sunned out just like on a hot day in summer, but late fall and winter so far didn't fully sun out in one sitting because the sun itself is less intense.

Honestly, I'm just ignoring stains for the most part now since they don't effect the use of the dipes, and plan to sun the heck out of them once the sun is stronger again.

This.  It would drive me crazy to worry about every time there's a mark on the diapers. As long as they smell clean and there are no obvious issues like rash, I wouldn't worry about it.  I'll probably throw them out in the sun again come spring, but there's no way I'm stomping through knee high snow to get to the clothesline!

They're diapers... they're meant to be pooped in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Like PPs said, yes you can sun them if it's cold.

Where I live we are in the middle of rainy season, so my diapers will not get sun again for several months. The stains will still sun out even though they will be old.

• Options
    I use regular old oxyclean powder with great success on my stained diapers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"