1st Trimester

Intro...got a BFP!

We just found out this weekend, got our BFP! Extremely excited and a bit shocked since we just started trying and truthfully I should've lost some weight first. I have a BMI of 29... anyone else w this concern? I haven't made an appt yet but want to know how many calories I should be consuming...?

Re: Intro...got a BFP!

• Omg right there with you! BMI of 29 and soo excited about the pregnancy but I reaaaally wish I had lost weight prior. Luckily my food adversions have all been to junk foods and fast foods, which I loved before. I think if we just try to keep our eating controlled we'll be okay.
    BFP December 5th + MMC 1/18/2013
  • Congrats!  I'm just joining, too!  I wouldn't worry too much about the number of calories just yet. It's not the time to start a strict diet and you don't want to eat more than you were before. Just try to make healthy choices when you eat and stay active.  
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah...I have a BMI of 30.....I cant think about it, its too depressing.  I'm just gonna try and work out as much as I can (at a healthy-for-baby pace) and eat healthy food, and not over indulge....as best as possible.  I really wish I was a skinny pregnant girl, but that's just not reality.
    brideandgroom4 ceremony20 brideandgroom11

Married 9/8/07

BFP on 12/30/12, EDD 9/6/13, u/s at 8w no HB MMC 2/4/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm in a similar situation. My bmi is a little higher. I'm 5'8" and weigh 225. I wish I could have lost more weight preBFP, but no such luck. I'm just going to concentrate on eating healthy and continuing to do moderate workouts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks!! Time to get back to my preholiday mindset and focus on staying healthy! I definitely let myself go these past few months and can definitely feel a difference. After hearing these words of encouragement I'm feeling a new sense of hope!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"