3rd Trimester

pressure in nipples

ok this may be weird, I'm not sure, but I'm 33 weeks and today I noticed I feel like pressure, maybe a fullness around my nipples, and it was almost painful so I squeezed them a little when I was looking at them to see if there was something going on, and a little bit of colostrum came out and it's like it relieved the pressure, is this normal at this point?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: pressure in nipples

• Normal.  Sounds like what your feeling is your body practicing 'letdown' of milk.  That's what I'm feeling anyways.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have heard of people getting some colostrum that early, most likely normal!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ok, if it is normal then is it bad for me to relieve the pressure like I did if it happens again?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageFutureMrsTowns:
    ok, if it is normal then is it bad for me to relieve the pressure like I did if it happens again?

Another way to make the letdown feeling go away is to fold your arms over your chest or push on your breasts above the nipple area(not hard).  The letdown feeling should go away in a few seconds or definitely less than a minute.  I'm leaking a lot too and I just wear breast pads in my bra.  I wouldn't suggest squeezing your nipples; that can cause some nipple trauma and you don't want that, especially if your considering bf.  Hope this helps!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"