Working Moms

good gift for neighbors who shoveled for us?

we pay our teenage neighbor to shovel & it was done 3 times while we were away for the holidays...however, we talked to his younger sister &found out that his dad & sister also helped out a little bit so we thought it would be nice to bring something over for them but other than a bottle of wine for dad, I'm not sure what b/c the sister is about 13...

any ideas?

Re: good gift for neighbors who shoveled for us?

• Maybe skip the wine and get a gift card for movies so they can do something as a family or iTunes for the 13-year old may work
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesnicksnack:
    Maybe skip the wine and get a gift card for movies so they can do something as a family or iTunes for the 13year old may work

Movie tickets sound like a great idea!
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • image1026pumpkin:
    imagesnicksnack:
    Maybe skip the wine and get a gift card for movies so they can do something as a family or iTunes for the 13year old may work
    Movie tickets sound like a great idea!

Thanks!

MH ended up paying the boy $10 extra as a thank you for doing it so many times while we were away & he said something about it being too much and he said to work it out with his sister since she helped out, so hopefully he'll pass on the $10 to her... 

Movie tix are a good idea except that their mom has pretty severe/advanced MS and I don't know that they all (dad & kids) go out together as a family much b/c they don't have live in help or family nearby to help. 

• I think a hot meal including cookies or brownies would be really nice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thought movie tickets as well!

Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • I would bake them something.... cookies or quick bread.  (I love to bake and always am looking for an excuse to do so, so this may just be me!)
  • Baked good is a good idea, I think I will do that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"