High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Hi. Semi-new here and hoping for 3+ more weeks.

Hello ladies. I lurk here sometimes and I may have posted with DD because I have a naturally short-ish cervix and ended up delivering her early at 36 weeks after my water broke. I never had contractions and had to get pitocin to deliver.

This time around my cervical measurements are tracking pretty similarly, but I had the added strews of weak but regular contractions all day yesterday. I'm about 50% effaced (2-2.5cm cervical length) but wasn't dilating so they sent me home with orders to take it really easy.  I was 70% effaced and not dilated the day before my water broke with DD so I really don't know what to expect from here on out.

To add more drama, my whole family has a cold and I think my DD may have RSV which would REALLY suck if she's still contagious when baby gets here.

So anyway, hi, and good luck to all!

Re: Hi. Semi-new here and hoping for 3+ more weeks.

• Options
    Hi and welcome! Will be sending some positive thoughts your way. I'm also hoping to make it another three weeks. Fingers crossed for both of us!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options
    Welcome! 

Sending T&Ps your way that baby bakes for at least 3 more weeks! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lots going on for you. I hope everyone gets better before your baby comes. Prayers you make it longer this time.
  • Options
    I had DS1 in my 35th week with no warning.  Water broke.  With DS2 I started contracting by 32 weeks.  I ended up getting induced at 39 weeks because of insulin controlled GD.  Just wanted to say that every pregnancy is different. Hang in there.   My labor was also really fast.  40 min start to finish.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageBrewtowngrl:
    I had DS1 in my 35th week with no warning.  Water broke.  With DS2 I started contracting by 32 weeks.  I ended up getting induced at 39 weeks because of insulin controlled GD.  Just wanted to say that every pregnancy is different. Hang in there.   My labor was also really fast.  40 min start to finish.  

Good to know! 40 minute labor, though- EEK!

• Options

I remember you from your last pregnancy b/c our DD's are the same age :)  (use to be nygirl07).  I'm 30 weeks PG with #2 and have a cerclage and on progesterone shots this time and so far so good and I haven't had bed rest this time which is a huge plus.

I was dialated at 28 weeks with DD and made it to 37 weeks with meds and bed rest....like others said every pregnancy is different so it's anyones guess what will happen this time.  Hopefully your LO hangs in there for a few more weeks...Good luck!

• Options
    imagechicky1231:

I remember you from your last pregnancy b/c our DD's are the same age :)  (use to be nygirl07).  I'm 30 weeks PG with #2 and have a cerclage and on progesterone shots this time and so far so good and I haven't had bed rest this time which is a huge plus.

I was dialated at 28 weeks with DD and made it to 37 weeks with meds and bed rest....like others said every pregnancy is different so it's anyones guess what will happen this time.  Hopefully your LO hangs in there for a few more weeks...Good luck!

Hey chicky! I remember you, too. We were the crappy cervix girls! Since my doctors used a different (wrong) due date, they have it recorded that my DD1 was 37 weeks/full term so they haven't been as cautious with me as they might have otherwise but I have had some extra monitoring since this one is measuring pretty small. So I'm being monitored for possible IUGR but the bonus to me is that they check my cervix more often, too. Home stretch! I think I can make it 3 more weeks. I think I can, I think I can....

Good luck to you!!

• Options
    With my 1st I had him at 34 wks no warning my 2nd I started having contractions at 32 wks controlled with meds. Was induced at 39 wks for high af. As others said all pgs are different. Good luck to you

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"