February 2012 Moms
Options

Random GTKY

Do you set resolutions for yourself in the new year and if so what are they?

Will you stay awake for the new year/ball drop/countdown, etc.?

What is your most memorable New Year's thus far?

Are you using any Christmas presents today?

What are you wearing? (This sounds creepy lol or perverted)

Who is the last person you texted?

Is your tree still up?  If so when will you take it down?

Do you collect anything and if so what is it? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Random GTKY

• Options

I have some financial goals as in my post below and some personal ones - I want to read the Bible a little each day and I found an app to do that (is it sad I need an app?).   

I like to watch the concerts and festivities, etc. but not sure I will make a point to stay awake. 

Probably the first one H and I spent together.  We were dating and he had just moved so I drove up to see him and we went to a concert at Billy Bob's in Fort Worth and we had a blast.   

I used my Keurig and I'm still wearing my houseshoes - both gifts from H. 

Still in my jammies - a nursing shirt and plaid Old Navy pajama bottoms.  We missed church this morning because they only had one early service so I haven't bothered to get dressed.  We have no plans to leave the house so I will just be a bum today! 

Two of my best friends - one planning a lunch together next weekend and the other to discuss our crappy letters for Words With Friends 

Yes, I will keep it up until after the epiphany (Jan. 6th) and since my boys will be back in school I will take it down the next day because the top just burnt out so I need to redo those lights.  Much easier when they aren't here to "help" 

Ornaments for the tree - H does shot glasses.  I like to get ornaments from random places to make our tree more memorable.  Every ornament we have is special. 

• Options

I don't, typically, but this year I would really like to lose 25lb or so. I am waiting until I am done pumping (after his birthday) to seriously do anything about it because my supply is so lousy. 

We'll be awake, but depending where in the restaurant we are, we may not see the drop. Sometimes we go to the bar to see it, sometimes we just stay at our table. 

1999-2000. I was a senior in high school, and it was the first everybody-gets-drunk party I'd ever been to. 

J has played with several of his toys today. And I am drinking hot chocolate made with the milk foamer H got me. :)

Ooh baby........:p

I'm wearing jeans, a hoodie sweater, and slippers. I'll be getting dressed up to go to a Christmas party later. 

My college roommate. She was supposed to be joining us for NYE, but she had to cancel. 

Yes, we'll take it down some night next week, no later than Saturday. I like to leave it up through my whole vacation. 

No. I grew up in a very cluttered house (my dad is now an all-out hoarder like on the TLC shows), so anything that just sits around taking up space makes me anxious.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a few years, one year I quit soda, one year I vowed to lose weight...lost 20lbs and then got pregnant. This year we plan to buy a new house so my resolution is to stick to a budget.

i am going to try...not to hopeful though, DH has to be at work at 5am

2005, the first one DH and I had together

wearing new pants

my weekend atire jeans and a t-shirt

DH

Is your tree still up? If so when will you take it down?

nope took it down the day after Christmas, cant stand the pointless clutter

nothing as mentioned before I hate pointless clutter

• Options

Do you set resolutions for yourself in the new year and if so what are they? No. I've already got an ongoing goal to lose some weight

Will you stay awake for the new year/ball drop/countdown, etc.? Nope. Sleep is too valuable

What is your most memorable New Year's thus far?  Not really. I spent a handful of New Years on bowl trips (in marching band) and those were always fun

Are you using any Christmas presents today? Nope

What are you wearing? Sweats, tshirt, zip up hoodie

Who is the last person you texted? My mom

Is your tree still up?  If so when will you take it down? Yes. Hopefully sometime this week

Do you collect anything and if so what is it? No. I used to when I was a lot younger but I don't really see the point in collecting

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I used to, but I never keep them, so I haven't the last couple of years. 

Probably. I've always been a night owl and I usually do my last pump for the night between 12-1am.

I've never really done anything spectacular. I'd like to be in Times Square one year. One year I went to NJ (family there) to do TS and no one would go with me- even my BFF who was up there at the time too! I guess I enjoyed a few year ago most. DH & I made dinner for a bunch of friends at a friends' house- we filled out post cards with our New Year's resolutions on them and the host mailed them to us at the end of the year. 

Nope, didn't get much.

Yoga pants, t-shirt, socks

DH

Nope, didn't bother with one this year.

I did when I was younger but not anymore really. 

• Options

This will be my re entry to the bump since being totally MIA during the holidays!  I missed you ladies!

Do you set resolutions for yourself in the new year and if so what are they?  Usually I just say that I am going to start the year with a positive outlook on everything.  I believe if you decide to have a good year you will (baring some tragic event of course.)

Will you stay awake for the new year/ball drop/countdown, etc.?  We do the east coast time ball drop with Logan at 9pm, then we stay up till midnight just snuggling on the couch.

What is your most memorable New Year's thus far?  The year DH and I officially got together (2001/2002)  I was at a party my junior year of high school, it was 5 seconds to midnight and I felt someone come up behind me, slip their arms around me and whisper into my neck "you are so beautiful".  My heart literally DROPPED at the sound of his voice, as he was my one that got away up until that night.  I turned, we kissed and we have been together ever since.  I still get butterflies thinking about that night.

Are you using any Christmas presents today?  Yes, my new wallet.  

What are you wearing? (This sounds creepy lol or perverted)  Yoga pants and a black giants sweatshirt.

Who is the last person you texted? DH

Is your tree still up?  If so when will you take it down? Yep!  Santa comes to take it the day after new years.

Do you collect anything and if so what is it? Just Logan's art work.  I collected shot glasses when I was younger and have a huge collection of really cool ones from all around the world.  I will probably hang them in a "hang out room" for the boys when they are in high school.

• Options
    Yes! This year is the same as last year: lose 15lbs so I can be back to my wedding weight.

Maybe if I'm not tired.

When I was 18 we spent it on a cruise ship.

Yes! New Clothes!

What are you wearing? This sounds creepy lol or perverted
    Jeans and church volunteer shirt.

My mom.

Is your tree still up? If so when will you take it down?
    No tree this year.

Nope! We don't have enough space.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagesapphirebride06:

Not generally, but I am this year.  My resolution this year is to put more time and attention into our marriage.  We have a great relationship, but I feel like I've really put it on the back burner since LO was born.

Probably not this year.

Hmmm, none really stand out. 

Nope, but we didn't do a lot of presents.

My scrub pants from work and a pull-over Northface fleece shirt.

My sister

I usually leave it up until New Years, but since it was already missing half the bulbs I took it down.

Nope 

• Options
    That's why I love having ornaments to collect - they serve a purpose and then go into storage!  So no clutter!  It is perfect!
  • Options

Yes, to meal plan every week before grocery shopping instead of just buying things and then never having everything I need to make meals. Hoping to avoid running to the grocery store every other day! And also, to make more an effort to keep in touch with friends.

I hope I'm awake, or I'll be really embarrassed at the party I'm going to!

Kinda sad, but it was a NYE when I was bartending, back when I was in school. I was putting away glasses when it turned to midnight, with my boyfriend (DH now) bartending at the bar next store. I was such a grinder back then, working when ever I could (hard to turn down a shift at $300/night!) but putting away glasses at midnight was so depressing that it was kind of an epiphany to start working less and enjoying my life more. I've never worked a NYE since Big Smile

Yup! Used a recipe book I got to meal plan (see resolution above!)

Lululemon yoga pants and a Banana Republic "nice" sweatshirt. I try to convince myself that it's acceptable to wear them in public just because they're expensive sweats, but it's really not!

My BBF.

Yes, hoping to take it down tomorrow, if I can convince DH to get off his lazy azz and help me...am so ready to have my house back to normal.

Sort of...Fun Post-It notes. Not sure if it counts as a collection though, because I use them up, don't just keep them.

someecards.com - Honey, can you pick up Pizza? I've been busy pinning nutritious recipes for our family all day.
  • Options

not automatically, but this year I plan on doing at least one race a month and completing another marathon in November.

I might.  Kle probably won't make it though Wink

drinking with a few select family members and turning in to a bar crawl, followed by late night fast food.  probably the last time I actually went out on the town for any night in the last two years.

not yet.  I will tomorrow though

flannel pants and a t-shirt

my brother and a few friends to see if anyone wants to watch the bowl games on Tuesday

didn't go up this year since we weren't home for nearly two weeks.

Lions Club pins (I have close to 1k, half of which were inherited)  geocoins (from geocaching - only a small book full) and I want to start collecting smaller globes from different times in history.  right now I have 3, and my favorite is a small globe from 1942.

there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • Options

I usually do, though they never seem to last.  This year they are to eat better/get healthy and to try to curb some of my spending.

I will.  We are having a couple other couples over to hang out, so I'm sure at least some of them will still be here at midnight.

They are all pretty much about the same, so I can't say one stands out anymore than another.

I played on my tablet earlier this morning.  We played with most of A's today as well.

Long sleeved tshirt from Target and fleece Gap yoga pants

My sister to tell her to google John Deere pink 1st birthday.

It is.  I'm going to take it down this coming weekend.

Nope.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"