Pregnant after a Loss

Fisher Price Sleeper

Do you think this would work as something for LO to sleep in overnight? I'm not sure if we should get this or a regular bassinet for the first few months when he sleeps in our room. I'm trying to register for stuff and I'm clueless!

imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mother to DD, born sleeping on 9/28/11, and DS, born 3/12/13, 5lbs 13oz, 19in

Re: Fisher Price Sleeper

• I registered for one mainly for travel purposes but had planned on using it in our room and then his gram got me a bassinet. I know this sleeper is easy to store and travel with my SIL uses hers all the time.
    Me(26)DH(33)
    TTC for #1 since Jan 2010
    BFP #1 Oct 1 2010 MC Oct 3 2010
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011
    3 rounds of Clomid all BFN
    BFP #2 10/12/12 Beta #1 45.1 Beta #2 160.7 * 2/27 diagnosed with IEF in utero.
    Dalaney born @ 35w2d via emergency C-section due to Pre-E after 30 hrs of labor & losing her HB twice. She weighed 5lbs 8oz & was 19in long on May 26th 2013 @ 605am

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers   image

"Severe truth is expressed with some bitterness."
  • That's what we're planning to use in our bedroom for the first little bit.  Also very common among my home board moms.

<3<3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3<3

• Loading the player...
  • that's what we got for our room also, my sister used one with her last baby and loved it. we go to camp every fri-sun so that will be easy to tote around for us also
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image DD #1 1-31-02 DD#2 9-26-08 BFP#3 1-31-02 mc 2-23-12 BFP #4 EDD 3-22-13 KACIE
  • imagejessuhmarie:

We have a rock n play and a bassinet. I have heard there are some studies that the RnP can cause your baby to get the flat head and neck muscle problems if used too much. I did a quick google and it seems to me that it won't help if your baby is developing this problem, but I didn't look long enough or find any studies saying the two were definitely linked. I think making sure you turn your baby's head often can help, but I'm a FTM and I'm admittedly clueless on this (just heard about it recently). We plan to use the RnP for naps downstairs during the day and the bassinet in our room at night until we move and set her crib up (hopefully about a month or two after she gets here).

I would think it could be argued that a bassinet or a crib could also contribute to flat head, not just this.  If your baby is spending a lot of time on their back, they're at risk for that.  I've heard that as they start STTN, it's harder to prevent flat head, since they're sleeping for 10-12 hours on their back.

<3<3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3<3

• It's very well reviewed and a couple of moms I know IRL recommended it, so when the priced dropped on Amazon to $37 for the yellow one, we ordered one. It's sitting in the closet. We have very little baby stuff (that, a couple of onesies, an outfit that my best friend bought as a Christmas gift), but that was the first purchase we made. Years ago when my son was a baby, we had something similar but lower and more low tech (we used to call it bouncer or butterfly sleeper back in the day), and it was great. We got a ton of use out of it. 

• Thanks for the feedback and for letting me know how much cheaper it is on Amazon!
    imageimageimage

Mother to DD, born sleeping on 9/28/11, and DS, born 3/12/13, 5lbs 13oz, 19in
  • I was give the sleeper as a gift. My SIL and a coworker swear by it. We are limited for space in the bedroom, so we will use the sleeper at night, and then have Trevor take his naps in his crib hopefully!. I was told not to use it as a primary sleeper because you can have some issues transitioning the baby from mostly sleeper to all crib.
    BFP#1: 10/29/11 EDD: 7/14/12 MMC: 12/28/11 BFP#2: 5/17/12 EDD: 1/27/13 Trevor was born on 1/21/13! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo 8e4774ee-d2a4-4dd5-9180-492d059e568e_zpsb44e90d8.jpg
  • I PPH the Rock N Play.  DD had silent reflux and would not sleep in her bassinet.  I could only get her to sleep in my arms so the first 2w of her life we slept in the overstuffed chair in our bedroom.  Not fun.  I went and bought one of these and she slept in it every night for the first 3m or so until she went to her crib at night.  But we brought it anytime we traveled and if she got a cold for a while after that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I used one with DS until he was about 5 months old.  It is where he napped and slept at night all the time.  I didn't read anything about the flat head stuff until we had already transitioned him to the crib.  I will say that, yes, his head was starting to look a tiny bit flat on the back when we did move him to the crib but I can't say that it wouldn't have happened in a bassinet or pack and play.  Actually, now that I think about it, he did spend a decent amount of time napping in his swing, too.  Personally, I LOVED the rock n play and will be using it with this LO, too.  One thing I did to help it be a little softer was put a few thin blankets inbetween the hard plastic base and the cover that snaps over it.  I would definitely recommend getting this!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My nephew, who is only a few weeks old, won't sleep in his bassinet at night and only sleeps in the rocker thingy. During the day, someone is usually holding him!
    TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
    BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
    Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
  • RNP is amazing and DD slept in for a good part of the first 5 months when she wasnt with us in bed ..love it!
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • A few moms I know IRL swear by it.  They use it for travel and nap time.  One of them had to use it every night for the first 3 or so months - her daughter wouldn't sleep in anything else.  I am definitely getting one!

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

• imagepb&fluff:
    imagejessuhmarie:

We have a rock n play and a bassinet. I have heard there are some studies that the RnP can cause your baby to get the flat head and neck muscle problems if used too much. I did a quick google and it seems to me that it won't help if your baby is developing this problem, but I didn't look long enough or find any studies saying the two were definitely linked. I think making sure you turn your baby's head often can help, but I'm a FTM and I'm admittedly clueless on this (just heard about it recently). We plan to use the RnP for naps downstairs during the day and the bassinet in our room at night until we move and set her crib up (hopefully about a month or two after she gets here).

I would think it could be argued that a bassinet or a crib could also contribute to flat head, not just this.  If your baby is spending a lot of time on their back, they're at risk for that.  I've heard that as they start STTN, it's harder to prevent flat head, since they're sleeping for 10-12 hours on their back.

I really doubt there is anything specific about the RnP that causes flat headedness or torticollis. It has become a lot more common with the "Back to Sleep" campaign and SIDS prevention.

DD1 had a flat spot and torticollis that required PT but cleared up by 6mo.  We just had the crib/bassinet/bouncy seat.  Some kids are more likely to get it.  DD2 had no problems.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"